Sooo,What you guy's think will happen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I am worried about what the future holds for my child on the way. Maybe we should become illegal immigrants to China?

Ya might wanna check into that. I watched a documentary on netflix about North Koreans trying to sneak into and through China. China would catch them and send them back to North Korea, even though it is a death sentence for anyone trying to escape from Kim Jong-il's prison he calls a country.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a default happens i'm curious to see if our main debitor will try to collect,especially after Admiral Mike Mullin went there a few weeks ago to congratulate them on finally being a military superpower,the speech kinda sounded like an a$$ kissing to me. I say we default and see what goes down.

csmith441

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seriously doubt we default, it would be catastrophic…

Also the Constitution should not let happen:

Article VI - Debts, Supremacy, Oaths
All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so, you are one of 'them' huh? i see...

No ... GC is one of them ... and I'M gonna know a week before the rest of you guys when it's going down **singing in my best nanybooboo voice** cuz he's gonna get the Memo ... LOL

Pickles are a very good thing to have. When your done with the pickles just boil some eggs and throw them in!

Argh ... YOU are not allowed in my compound!! LOL

Argh! LOL

No kidding ... I nearly lost my breakfast ... bleech ...

On a much more serious note -- IF we do have another calamity similar to the Great Depression we (the Middle States) will fare much, much better than the ultra-urban areas of the East and West Coast. I remember my mother's parents stories of being migrants during the Dust Bowl days. My mother was born in a tent with a dirt floor in AZ ... The next day she and my grandpa packed up, continued their journey to California (to pick fruit) with a toddler and an infant in tow.

Thee are a lot of folks out there who are tougher than they know and smarter than some of us give them credit for sometimes. IF (and that is a BIG IF) the worst happens I believe America will be fine ... It won't be fun, it won't be easy, but it will be fine.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

The Constitution has no place in modern day politics. dont you know anything?

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation...
Removed: Supremacy Clause; not relevant to argument that default is unconstitutional.
Removed: Clause that says elected officials must swear an oath to defend constitution as irrelevant to constitutionality of default.

Contrary to what the maroons in the media are saying a default is not unconstitutional.

The part referred to above from Article VI is referring to debts the government ran up during the Revolutionary War and that it ran up when the US operated under the Articles of Confederation.

The key to understanding that is the phrase; All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, BEFORE the Adoption of this Constitution...

That clause was added to mollify bankers who were worried that they would be stiffed by the US on existing debt. Not an unreasonable concern considering that with the adoption of the Constitution we became a new nation.

It really is not all that difficult to understand. I can see why smarmy lying politicians would want people to believe a default is unconstitutional but why anyone else with at least a 6th grade education who can read would believe it is beyond me. Sometimes I think a whole lot of parents should demand a refund from the state for the crappy education their kids got at state schools payed for with their taxes.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Constitution has no place in modern day politics. dont you know anything?

It's also loosing it's place in the courts, thank those who have taken that oath to it for that.

"It is literally true that the U.S. Supreme Court has entirely liberated itself from the text of the Constitution."
- US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia

csmith441

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The part referred to above from Article VI is referring to debts the government ran up during the Revolutionary War and that it ran up when the US operated under the Articles of Confederation. .

This is true..... but, you over looked the first part "ALL DEBTS CONTRACTED..." This would include the current situation our country is in.

That clause was added to mollify bankers who were worried that they would be stiffed by the US on existing debt. Not an unreasonable concern considering that with the adoption of the Constitution we became a new nation.

ALSO TRUE....

It really is not all that difficult to understand. I can see why smarmy lying politicians would want people to believe a default is unconstitutional but why anyone else with at least a 6th grade education who can read would believe it is beyond me. Sometimes I think a whole lot of parents should demand a refund from the state for the crappy education their kids got at state schools payed for with their taxes.

What kind of crap is this??? Are you saying I'm not as smart as a 6th grader??

kgoodrich

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey bb don't be scared of the eggs! be afraid of gc when i feed him some of the good eggs! I won't even have to be in the compound lol! Don't make me switch your chickens with vampire chickens!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom