Storm shelter questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellow109r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a FLAT SAFE it is hands down the best in garage shelter. It has a flat door that is completely one piece. It opens easy plus the other ones even though they are flat (smooth with floor) are two pieces. So if the back panel was to get a dent or be damage the front door can't slide under to open even with a wench

Had a buddy that couldn't get out of the shelter he had during the Moore tornado. The back panel had damage and the front door couldn't slide back. So he researched it and found flat safe.
And after seeing his I decided that's what I wanted to go with.

Www.flatsafe.com

Attachments

• image-2363881264.jpg
    image-2363881264.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 87

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One in the garage is what I want lotta trouble getting a backhoe in my backyard and drainage ditch in back too above ground shelter ain't for me

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a FLAT SAFE it is hands down the best in garage shelter. It has a flat door that is completely one piece. It opens easy plus the other ones even though they are flat (smooth with floor) are two pieces. So if the back panel was to get a dent or be damage the front door can't slide under to open even with a wench

Had a buddy that couldn't get out of the shelter he had during the Moore tornado. The back panel had damage and the front door couldn't slide back. So he researched it and found flat safe.

Www.flatsafe.com

Mind me asking what you paid for the shelter? How big?I had a flat safe in a rental house I was in....no problems with it but all those garage installed shelters are tight. Tiny stairs and no room for comfort. I know they serve a purpose but for a little more money it seems the concrete pour might be a better option? The 8x8 concrete pour is $6000

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The concrete pour is the way to go. Added patio area and lots of room inside. I had one in my old house and it doubled as a root cellar and I could ferment my home brew down there as it stayed about 62* inside durring summer and in the 50s in winter. Perfect temp. for home brew process. It was very water proof and I put cork board on the walls to kill most of the echo effect. Was big enough for a bed if you wanted one down there. I think that one was about 8'x12' maybe a little bigger.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Www.flatsafe.com
I agree. I spent a couple of years renting equipment to all of the guys in the OKC area that install the shelters. It give me time to talk to all of them and check out their work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom