Stupid ramblings of an insomniac...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of y'all must not be living right...

...I'm almost 76 and don't really have a problem of going back to sleep after waking up to hit the bathroom.

Of course, the wife has always claimed that I could fall asleep anywhere and just about any time that I wanted to. I remember freaking out a nurse in Nebraska when we went up to check the wife's father out of a hospital. I had laid down on the tile floor and gone to sleep when she came in and thought that I had collapsed or something. Wife had to tell her that I was fine.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of y'all must not be living right...

...I'm almost 76 and don't really have a problem of going back to sleep after waking up to hit the bathroom.

Of course, the wife has always claimed that I could fall asleep anywhere and just about any time that I wanted to. I remember freaking out a nurse in Nebraska when we went up to check the wife's father out of a hospital. I had laid down on the tile floor and gone to sleep when she came in and thought that I had collapsed or something. Wife had to tell her that I was fine.

Now, if you could just figure out how to sleep with your eyes open, that would be epic! :w000t:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, if you could just figure out how to sleep with your eyes open, that would be epic! :w000t:

Close...

...for some reason, I've ALWAYS wanted to be aware enough, even in sleep, to immediately be able to react. Imagine my "discomfort" after my first colonoscopy and they put me under general anesthesia. One minute I'm talking to this good looking lady while two of them are prepping me, and then the next minute, a totally different nurse is asking me if I want a Dr. Pepper. Apparently that "good looking lady" was the anesthesiologist, and the nurse with the Dr. Pepper was in the "recovery" area.

Thankfully, I've now reached the age where they don't figure that I need the occasional colonoscopy.

Oh, and an afterthought has always been, "What kind of questions did they ask while I was under?"

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've been on the 11-7 shift for about 4 years now. Other than the goofy sleep schedule, I wouldn't trade it for anything. No boss hanging around, no people to deal with, no traffic, cooler temps in the summer, love it!

Good luck on the new job, Don. Where/what is it? Or would you rather keep it hush-hush...I get it if you do.
I got the new job and my work schedule is going to be mixed up for awhile.

I just worked three days training and now I'll work three 11-7 shifts. The next couple of weeks people are using up their vacation so my schedule will be all over the place.

After that my "normal" schedule will be three 3-11 shifts and two 11-7 shifts per week until the end of the year at least.

I was hoping they would take it easy on an old guy. I need a steady routine to get any proper rest but I also need a bigger paycheck so here I go.

Anyway, I hope I'm not a frequent flyer in this thread from not being able to sleep when I need to. This is going to be interesting to say the least.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the new job and my work schedule is going to be mixed up for awhile.

I just worked three days training and now I'll work three 11-7 shifts. The next couple of weeks people are using up their vacation so my schedule will be all over the place.

After that my "normal" schedule will be three 3-11 shifts and two 11-7 shifts per week until the end of the year at least.

I was hoping they would take it easy on an old guy. I need a steady routine to get any proper rest but I also need a bigger paycheck so here I go.

Anyway, I hope I'm not a frequent flyer in this thread from not being able to sleep when I need to. This is going to be interesting to say the least.

Congratulations on the new gig. That does sound like a FUBAR work schedule. Luckily, I only have one 3-11 shift every week.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I followed my usual routine last night, went to bed at 0200, woke up about 0600 as usual. Took a pee and for some reason went back to bed. I wasn't hurting like I usually am or stiff or cramping. I woke up again a 1030 and I again wasn't hurting,, cramped, nothing! I wasn't tired either and was ready to get my day going. It feels wonderful!

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer for alla youse fellow insomniacs but I just had to vent!

snoopy-happy-dance.gif

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Close...

...for some reason, I've ALWAYS wanted to be aware enough, even in sleep, to immediately be able to react. Imagine my "discomfort" after my first colonoscopy and they put me under general anesthesia. One minute I'm talking to this good looking lady while two of them are prepping me, and then the next minute, a totally different nurse is asking me if I want a Dr. Pepper. Apparently that "good looking lady" was the anesthesiologist, and the nurse with the Dr. Pepper was in the "recovery" area.

Thankfully, I've now reached the age where they don't figure that I need the occasional colonoscopy.

Oh, and an afterthought has always been, "What kind of questions did they ask while I was under?"
While you were under they didn't need to ask any questions. They knew ALL the answers.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some times I get up every two hours to pee. I can take one of my wife's sleeping pills, and only have to get up once or twice a night. That only works for one night, if I take two in a row, they do little, or no good! I think I know the remedy to my sleep problems. If I would get off my fat rear, work out doors all day like I did when I first retired, 20 years ago, walk fast, with ankle weights, and a steep incline, on a tread mill for 30 minmutes a day, plus, work out on a weight machine, 5 days a week, I would likely sleep better! at one time I owned the ONLY WORN OUT TREAD MILL IN OKLAHOMA! I have had two knees and one hip replaced, and suspect all that excise caused that, so I think I'll juist set here and BS, drink coffee, take a nap, and not worry about sleeping tonight!

Latest posts

Top Bottom