Suggestions for wife gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did go to the gun store and she did handle and feel several guns. The LCP is the one she wanted and thought felt best in her hand. In retrospect, I should have had her run through all the controls on each gun and try to rack each slide. It honestly never occurred to me that someone wouldn't be able to rack the slide on one of these. :homer:

We were lucky enough to have a frend with sveral autos plus what I own. We had her load and shoot everything we could get our hands on. She couldn't rack the slide easily on anything but our 22's even the Kel Tec P3AT was a chore for her. That is when we decided she might be better off with a revolver and that is what we went looking for. I was prepaired to buy her a $500+ Smith but she fell in love with the Beretta.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Any suggestions on any particular techniques?

Try this.

Have her grab the slide with her non-shooting hand toward the rear sight. The front sight should be about under her wrist with the gun basically pointing parallel with her forearm.

Hold it tightly to her chest.(finger off trigger of course.)

Use both hands to push both the slide and frame in opposition to each other at the same time.

This should allow her to bring a lot more and stronger muscles(both pecs,both shoulders, both triceps) into play than just trying to pull the slide back alone.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try this.

Have her grab the slide with her non-shooting hand toward the rear sight. The front sight should be about under her wrist with the gun basically pointing parallel with her forearm.

Use both hands to push both the slide and frame in opposition to each other at the same time.

This should allow her to bring a lot more and stronger muscles(both pecs,both shoulders, both triceps) into play than just trying to pull the slide back alone.

I'll have her try this and we'll continue to work on it. Thanks for the tips, everyone.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[BOriginally Posted by xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx
Try this.

]Any suggestions on any particular techniques?[/B]

This method works for some.

Blurplers

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd go with a revolver or the Bearcat. Haven't seen a better small gun than the Beretta. If she plans on carrying it a revolver in my opinion would be the way to go (no jamming). What ever you do, DON'T buy a Kel-Tec P32. My mother bought one to carry, until she shot it. Got to be the heaviest trigger on a handgun we have ever shot + no safety (somewhere around 9-10lbs pull from what the guy at H&H told us). Tried to get trigger work done on it, but gunsmiths said it was just to small of a gun to do it. Told her to try it out before she buys, but no one in my family ever listens to me lol. Have her try some more out, but actually shoot them before you buy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom