Supply chain ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Broken in more places than you can count. But at least it is driving up costs to cover the shrinking amount being sold so you do not have to actually fix anything. All great, nothing to see here.

Talked to a stocker today, think drives to stores and restocks shelves and updates price placards. Says he is delivering an amazing amount fewer items. Costs are up three fold to maintain the mark.

Talked to a grocer this weekend. Amount of inventory carry down significantly, he would not say how much. Costs are up also to help cover the shortfall in sales quantity.

I buy things for a living. My cost of acquisition is up enough we have to make projections on what we will actually need. Fewer pieces bought, our usage is rising significantly. The axis is crossing and scares me badly.

My personal company operating costs are so high with input costs I will have to pretty much double my point of sale costs.

Watched a man buy 3,420pounds of homogeneous steers, average under 500 pounds each. $3.30 per pound live weight. 2019 those were about $1.20 per pound live rate most days. I bought one offs at less than $1.00 per pound up until two years ago. Bought in fall. $3.00 per pound live weight. Believe me, for registerable cattle he11 of a deal. They are $4.50 and up right now from same seller. But he also has very few remaining.

I can hire new people at wages from 2018. Guess what, degreed personnel are begging and competing for our jobs. We require degrees and mostly work experience. I tried hard to hire a young Lady last summer, recent graduate, Tribal Member, been working mostly full time since she was 16, about 24. Entry level job, big bosses would not hear of it. The Lady had proven herself and was more mature than my management team. No go. I gave her of my time to fix her résumé , interview skills, and pray I helped. She deserved a hand up, she EARNED it. I needed her, she had that fifth skill set you cannot teach, ability to learn and apply. Most people do not have it. Just my $.02.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As high as costs are now, stock up while we still have stock, plus prices are going to go higher

Latest posts

Top Bottom