Taco Bueno

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Taco Casa better than any of the other fast food Mexican places. Don't know if they have those up in Tulsa or not. Places are always clean and they have plenty of staff there.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've suspected that a lot of these businesses started to like the drive-in only model and aren't excited to get the dining room open.

Have all MCDs gone to the kiosk-only inside?

Fast food has almost priced itself out for me. I did it occasionally because it was fast and cheap, and I'd trade that for quality sometimes. Now, it's definitely not cheap, often times not fast and still tastes like crap most of the time. I find myself choosing either a real restaurant or just eating home.

The Bueno on Robinson in Norman is very good, in my opinion.

That being said, I agree with the price comment for most fast food places. This was to be expected though when fast food workers are now demanding $15+ an hour.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The dining rooms in the two stores in Owasso are closed. Both stores have signs on their doors. Why can’t Bueno hire or keep enough employees to open the dining room?

Or is it management thinking the dining room doesn’t need to be open and they are saving money by not opening.

View attachment 305694
View attachment 305695
They keep bussing them to Martha's Vineyard.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The powers that be, are purposely killing off Taco Bueno! They are closing right and left across the country.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Minimum wage
More employees to deal with
Keeping dining room clean

KFC hasn't reopened dining rooms
Our local cat server (Chinese food) hasn't opened dining room. No plans to, the dining room is full of togo boxes.
Those places have a high turnover rate of employees.

I wonder if management or lack thereof is the major factor.

When I was in HS (many years ago), I went to work at Safeway, first week of summer. Told the manager, I wanted as many hours as I could get. Another kid started same day.
I was scheduled for 18 hours. Other kid was scheduled 38. We were talking, he told me he had stated he was interested in working 20 or less hours per week.
We spoke with manager and was assured hours would be taken care of.
The next week, I had 24 hours and he 36.
The next week, same thing. Kevin called in twice and I was called in. I ended up with 38 and Kev 20.
The next week, I had 18 and Kevin had 44.
I went in to quit. Manager says, "my hours would go up because Kevin would call in."
Told him it should have scheduled to begin with. I quit.
Kevin came in, seen schedule and he quit.
One of the cashiers lived a few houses down. She asked why we weren't there? Was told, we were fired for questioning management decisions.

Never know the whole story or behind the scenes shenanigans.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Minimum wage
More employees to deal with
Keeping dining room clean

KFC hasn't reopened dining rooms
Our local cat server (Chinese food) hasn't opened dining room. No plans to, the dining room is full of togo boxes.
Those places have a high turnover rate of employees.

I wonder if management or lack thereof is the major factor.

When I was in HS (many years ago), I went to work at Safeway, first week of summer. Told the manager, I wanted as many hours as I could get. Another kid started same day.
I was scheduled for 18 hours. Other kid was scheduled 38. We were talking, he told me he had stated he was interested in working 20 or less hours per week.
We spoke with manager and was assured hours would be taken care of.
The next week, I had 24 hours and he 36.
The next week, same thing. Kevin called in twice and I was called in. I ended up with 38 and Kev 20.
The next week, I had 18 and Kevin had 44.
I went in to quit. Manager says, "my hours would go up because Kevin would call in."
Told him it should have scheduled to begin with. I quit.
Kevin came in, seen schedule and he quit.
One of the cashiers lived a few houses down. She asked why we weren't there? Was told, we were fired for questioning management decisions.

Never know the whole story or behind the scenes shenanigans.
Yep. Management will do gymnastics to avoid paying OT (or FT benefits to PT help).

Then ***** because "no one wants to work anymore".

Latest posts

Top Bottom