Target has access to the OK Drivers License database!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the way back from the movies today, the wife and I stopped in at Target for stuff for burgers and beer. Don't normally shop there but it was on the way. The clerk scanned the beer and asked for ID. No prob, I have a flip wallet and usually just leave it in the wallet and have the person check the ID through the clear window. She tells me I need to take it out. So I do, and she flips it over and scans it. I couldn't believe it and I couldn't believe that our state government would allow this to happen. Are they keeping track of our alcohol purchases? What's Target doing to ensure our personal information is safe and is not being permanently stored?

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like I need another reason to not shop at target, tarjay has been on my out list since they decided to not donate coffee to the troops going and comming between the sandbox because they didn't agree with the war back in the 43rd admin.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The barcode on the back of the license contains the same information that's on the front. So, I'm going to assume that Target doesn't have access to any state database. I would call and speak to the manager at Target and find out what their policy is reguarding personal information.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really bothered that they have the knowledge of how to convert the data in the barcode to meaningful info. That implies that the state gave them "the algorithm" so to speak.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really, come on people. The only reason they scan the ID is that the point of sale system takes the clerks guess work out of reading the ID and to insure that Target is following the law of who can purchase alcohol. When they scan the alcohol the POS system requires ID proof od age, before the clerk had to input the go/no go response. Then if the sale was not legal the manager had to suffer the wrath of a ticket. This way the clerk scans the alcohol, then scans the backside of the DL for a positive confirmation of a legal purchase.

I see no problems with this, most bars in the surrounding states have been doing this for years.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I see no problems with this, most bars in the surrounding states have been doing this for years.

ai280.photobucket.com_albums_kk165_hsaive_Politics_Sheeple_Pit_anim.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom