Teen girl safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This thread really got me thinking. So I did some research and ordered this for my daughter. Wife packs her G42, but she will get one as well. Finally my youngest girl in 6th grade will receive one as well. Not the cure all but a neat idea if needed.
https://www.amazon.com/Guardian-Personal-Prevention-Whistle-Flashlight/dp/B01N32ZB2C
71Pqzt03-2L._SL1500_.jpg

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread really got me thinking. So I did some research and ordered this for my daughter. Wife packs her G42, but she will get one as well. Finally my youngest girl in 6th grade will receive one as well. Not the cure all but a neat idea if needed.
That might work if you could program it with Fran Drescher's voice @ 130dB

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some Democrat "Whiz Kid" at senior level during Obama's administration said to "Blow a whistle," I could have been Biden, the guy that said to shoot a shotgun off of your balcony is you see someone suspicious. But, the Bear Spray or Wasp Spray sounds like the way to go. The Bear Spray we have here int he lower 48 is not as strong as they have in Alaska and it's fairly costly so I'd go for the Wasp Spray. It's cheap, effective and would give someone a chance to get away from a creep.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Snopes
Snopes has that one wrong. Any electronic device that is capable of sending a signal is capable of starting a fire when in close proximity of fueling points. The military has done some testing on it. I assisted a 15-6 investigation at Ft Polk where a Driver had turned down the volume on his HWMMV radio, and forgot it was on when refueling began. A piece of equipment was tossed in the cab and landed on and activated the hand mike. The signal ignited the JP8 fumes.

While a Military radio is more powerful than a cell phone. JP8 (Diesel) is far more difficult to ignite than Gasoline

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1.Awareness
2. Anyone deliberately approaching to within x feet is greeted with your best command voice. Choose and rehearse your line in advance. Maybe..."Sir! Keep your distance. I do not know you." or "Sir, How can I help you!? and if he keeps coming..."Keep your distance!"
3. Maintain a distance from them. Run into the store if they keep coming

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OUthcforehe ost: 30wil2member: 13693"]And this:
http://oklahomapersonaldImmi mmense.com/waspspraymyth.html[/QUOTE]

Interesting. But all I am suggesting is that a certain group of research articles shows that a surprisingly high percentage of people that attack young women do so because they believe the transmission of their pain and frustration of constantly being stung by the wasps dancing on their foreheads will be relieved by hugging a young woman.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alrighty. The expert writing the article needs to try again after he's been sprayed in the face with it. Real world experience. The stuff works.

The point was, the person spraying it into someone else's face can be held liable on criminal charges for misuse of the pesticide, a poison, which is a federal offense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom