Termites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had all nations here and he recommended a perimeter treatment. They will trench around the house and drill into my front and back porch, side porch, and in front of the garage. He didn’t think they are in the house. Hopefully this protects us. It will cost $708. Heck of a lot cheaper than some other companies would charge.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better safe than sorry. Inspector found ONE entry hole at our old house and no other evidence of termite's. We still had to treat the whole house in order to sell. It was about what you are paying if I remember . We used hotshot in Tulsa area.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Terminex treats as I indicated n an earlier post but they do not-or they didn't come into the house to treat. Another company run by a couple of good old boys (Angies List) treats the outside and then comes inside to treat around the perimeter walls. I sort of wish I'd used them but the wife didn't want them tracking stuff in the house. Can't remember their name though...

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful killing the termites. I think them holding hands and singing kumbaya is the only thing keeping the walls up at my place. LOL!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
seems like a good deal today, but you'll be pissed as hell tommorow
Why would I be mad? This company came highly recommended by two of my wife’s employees. They had termites in their houses and this guy treated them and they haven’t been back since. He just don’t rip people off. He is a small business that only has him to pay. Sometimes he has a helper when it’s a big job such as the one he is gonna do on my house. He also said he worked for terminix for 7 years before starting his own business.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a reasonable deal. Think about the cost to the contractor. I bet he has maybe 6 labor man hours and at most $50 worth of chemical. He’s making $100 an hour and paying help $15 per hour unless he’s by himself.

You can but the chemical. Most use something like Taurus. This stuff will stay active for 3 years.

https://www.domyown.com/taurus-sc-termiticide-p-1816.html

Why would I be mad? This company came highly recommended by two of my wife’s employees. They had termites in their houses and this guy treated them and they haven’t been back since. He just don’t rip people off. He is a small business that only has him to pay. Sometimes he has a helper when it’s a big job such as the one he is gonna do on my house. He also said he worked for terminix for 7 years before starting his own business.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rule # 1; never ever buy any red mulch at a large box store or any discount house. That crap comes from Louisiana and the mulch is made from termite infested deadfall.

Also, every piece of property in OK has termites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom