The problem with D.C.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The place across from Ford's Theater is the Lincoln Inn - great Rueben sandwiches, etc. Houston's in Georgetown appeals to Oklahoma people - ribs, etc. I love the food court @ Union Station.

Cedar Creek

JMP308

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
D c should read district of commies, honest citizens are not allowed to protect themselves,no ccw,only muggers and gang members can carry there,remember their mayor was a convicted felon----murder capitol usa----the place sucks----i lived there for 10 years----i always had my colt 1911 handy

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the day, prior to shipping overseas in 1967, we were at a small base in Virginia and had to wait for visas to arrive, so we were "itinerant" soldiers for a while because the First Sergeant didn't want to have to mess with finding stuff for us to do. So, we got to do a lot of sight-seeing for about 6 weeks. I spent a LOT of time in D.C. and as a PFC, all I could afford were the MacDonald's 19-cent hamburgers for meals.

To this day, it pains me to walk into a MacDonald's.

A few years ago, my youngest son was working in Hernsdon (sp), VA and the wife went out for a week so they could sight-see as she had never been in that area before. One evening, they called me from DC saying that they had finished sightseeing for the day and were eating at a sidewalk cafe. They described the filet mignon that they were eating. At the time, back here in Oklahoma, I had a Banquet Chicken Pot Pie in front of me. I'm still trying to find a way to get even.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had 5 guys for the first time here in New Jersey on tuesday, to be honest I don't see what the hype is about.

Gotta load it up right with the A1, grilled onions, etc. Getting hungry thinking about it...

The place across from Ford's Theater is the Lincoln Inn
Lincoln? Across from Ford's Theater? I feel that I should have been able to guess that...

The problem with D.C. is the general public has elected idiots.
Washington, D.C. is "a town built on a swamp, and in so many ways, still a swamp." -frm SecDef Robert Gates

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If we fed them folks chicken fried steak, mashed tators, and fried okra every now and then, they might be able to do something right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom