Things to do in CO (any laws to be aware of?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Headed to CO in a few weeks, Colorado Springs area. Gonna catch a Rockies game, float trip, but everything else is still up in the air. What do you guys recommend? Have family ranging from 3 years to late 50's. Also, have my permit, and will be carrying, any laws I need to be aware of? Thanks

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to the Garden of the Gods, and--if you can get it scheduled--take a tour of the Air Force Academy (obviously, you can't carry there).

If you like fishing, you're in amazing trout country; take a fly rod if you can.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the 3 years and up factor, look into the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun, which is accessed through the zoo. The zoo is cool because as one enters, they are immediately eyeball to eyeball with Giraffes, which one can purchase stuff to feed.

Maybe a trip up Pike's Peak. Before going into detail of what to do, how long would you be up there and how far are you willing to drive to see things? After retirement, the wife and I moved up there in our RV and lived in the area for 20 months. You might also check out my Smugmug link below, go to "Browse" at the top of the home page, and choose the "Colorado" folder to see pictures.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I especially enjoyed the Rubber Duckie store in Manitou Springs! If you do decide to go to the top of Pikes Peak, the cog railway that starts in Manitou Springs is a great way to do it.

Mack45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About forgot Manitou Springs, there are some cool bars there and lots of tourist trap type shops. There was a pinball museum there, machines grouped by decade and you could play them, they all worked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom