Thinking about taking the plunge ...again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loneliness will kill you faster than being married.

But that's just the rub with me. I've never been lonely. Never. I LOVE being by myself and doing my own thing.

But another thing I've learned -- from both men and women MUCH older than me -- is that men tend to be much more lonely than women. Especially women of a certain age.

I will never forget my conversations with my neighbor Dan over the years -- when he and Myna were the parents to me I never really had; when he FINALLY had to admit that he was no longer able to care for her and had to put her in a home for both his and her safety; when she finally passed; the years after when he tried to get all the widow ladies around here to date him and finally, when he was in hospice and I helped care for him so he could stay home as long as possible.

He and LoneWolf'49 have been the two best, and wisest friends I've ever had the honor of knowing. I could live to be 209 and not be half as smart as those two gentlemen.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife told me she'd never get married, have kids, nor have guns in her house.

Welp, we're married, we've got 2, probably working on 3 next year, and she slept with a Glock her pillow until recently.

Never say never.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shes got a decent job and is finishing her degree now also. We both agree on finances which is a huge plus. Shes not controlling and in fact she made it clear we both need our friends and alone time once in a while. I'm not retired yet but I have a pension due to me in a little over a year plus my own investment plans. She has no debt other than the house she bought last year and that can be sold. I have no debt, I paid cash for a new house less than a year ago. So finances will be fine. Yes we would only have one bank account and she agrees. Seperate accounts are what roommates do, not married Christians.
So I've covered all those bases.
Then you've done your homework correctly. The last comment about roommates and Christians is commendable.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loneliness will kill you faster than being married.
A gal once told me, "It is better to be single and unhappy than to be married and miserable."
I grew up with a neighborhood friend and he got married. I went over one time to see if he was home and he wasn't. His wife said, "Why don't you come over and see me sometime?" I ignored her offer and made sure I was never a one with her after that. Today they're in their mid-seventies unhappy with each other and our relationship is somewhat strained because of his wife.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You are both grownups, forgo the piece of paper and just be a couple. Hell a piece of paper has done no good for both of ya with your ex's. If there is no piece of paper and 5 years from now you guys decide you want to walk away there will be no strings attached.
Love. support and faithfulness is what ya need , not a piece of paper.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've discovered I'm better off single..
c598c7098c473e0d455deb80f70133f3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom