Thoughts on Dillon RL 550B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say go for the 650. I like the auto indexing and the case feeder. I considered the 1050, but with all the calibers I load, the caliber conversions would have cost me a fortune.

SPCAS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a rock crusher and a Dillon 550B. I use the Dillon for Pretty much everything but 338LM and 50bmg. Love the thing. Pretty much when I get a new caliber I buy the conversion kit for the Dillon. Mines probably 12years or older now and still works perfectly.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned a 550B since 1992. Works great and the company will take care of you. Likewise with the Rock Chucker. RCBS has excellent customer service.

Handgun rounds thru the Dillon.
Hunting rifle rounds loaded on the Rock Chucker

6shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great! And they take care of you after the sale. Had mine 16 years, lost a few parts from being packed away, sent e-mail to them and they sent me what I needed for free.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

My 550 does all I ask. If you want a press that cranks out ammo and is as simple as can be, the 550 is it. You can change cartridges quickly on it too which is a benefit.

Good luck,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom