Time to start fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, have you ever tried floating the Elk River up in Noel, MO? It's definitely a party river, with a lot of college kids from Kansas, but back in high school I caught atleast 70 smallmouth in one outing.

No we haven't.
We have tried to access the Elk River from Grand lake but found that it gets too shallow for a bass boat at normal elevations.

We have seen the advertisments for the Elk river, but just have not taken advantage of any of the outfitters up there.
My wife is my partner in the canoe. Starting out it was a challenge making sure she knew her right side to be her military right.:D
She got the left and right side of the canoe mixed up sometimes, but after 21 years she has it down.
Pretty good partner now. :D

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In NWA, I've fished Little Sugar Creek, Spring Creek, and the War Eagle River for smallmouth. Last summer I had an obsession with hunting out random running water to find smallmouth on. I caught them in a drainage ditch underneath I-540 in the middle of Rogers. The most entertaining experience, though, was snorkeling for crawfish under the spillway at War Eagle Mill. If you're ever in this area, give me a holler.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In NWA, I've fished Little Sugar Creek, Spring Creek, and the War Eagle River for smallmouth. Last summer I had an obsession with hunting out random running water to find smallmouth on. I caught them in a drainage ditch underneath I-540 in the middle of Rogers. The most entertaining experience, though, was snorkeling for crawfish under the spillway at War Eagle Mill. If you're ever in this area, give me a holler.

Sounds like I need to load up the yak and come smallmouth fishing with ewheeley.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a brand spankin new Mercury 20 horse in last night. It is going on the boat tonight and taken out for its maiden voyage tomorrow to hunt down some crappie at Hugo. Threw out my perch traps this morning to catch some bait for jugs to set in the river channel. Weather looks decent for some fishing, I'm all kinds of giddy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom