Time to start fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice fish. What guide did you use?

Chaoti there are some big striper in Beaver lake. Good luck

The guy we went through was Bill Bannister but Bill was not our guide. I don't know if he was busy or what but we got another guide. It was weird because he couldn't tell us his last name or his website. I guess I can understand, but I'd rather just go through him if we did it again. He was a super cool guy. His name is Steve.

I did some googleing and I think this is probably the guy we went with: http://stevebuckleystriperguide.com/index.htm

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably overbooked himself, and sub'd out to another guide. Not an uncommon thing if you book a guide at the backwoods show or something like that.
Best thing is you caught some quality fish. Really didn't matter who the guide was in your case. Good advice on the sunblock. I have 7 days off coming up wednesday, and most of it is going to be fishing.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, Dennis is probably right about the sub contract out. When a group of us from work went we had almost 24 of us. We had 6 boats and I am not even sure who the Original guide was. Many of them get along together and will help each other out. I would like to see some pics of the crappie, do you have any?

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you wanna save some money on a striper guide on Beaver Lake... My rough advice is to launch off the Highway 12 boat launch around 530 AM, and just troll back and forth on the sand flats in front of the Highway 12 Bridge with 1/4 or 1/2 oz Kastmasters. Not the best results ever, but it's been reliable (and free) for me.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, Dennis is probably right about the sub contract out. When a group of us from work went we had almost 24 of us. We had 6 boats and I am not even sure who the Original guide was. Many of them get along together and will help each other out. I would like to see some pics of the crappie, do you have any?

I didn't take my camera on the boat. I had visions of myself falling overboard and all I could think about was the camera. My mom had her cheapy camera though. I'll see if she got any crappy pics and post them if she did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom