Time to start fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_100_0109.jpg

Got this male saturday. He got ate along with some of his brothers and sisters.

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who do you usually use?

We had been using Tinker's at Little Mineral on the Texas side. Tinker passed away this last fall and it just seemed like a good time to shop around.

We booked with Sparky's guide service at Alberta Creek this year. LOL, Sparky and my FIL were like long lost brothers....

We like to do at least one trip at end May/beginning June then if vacation time/money work out we go back in the Fall.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm about ready to get my kayaks out and run a little bit while the Ozark rivers are high. I'll try to hit the white bass spawning runs on the War Eagle River, but I'm more exciting for late June to arrive. Water starts getting a little lower, small mouth get more aggressive on the rivers, white bass school up on Beaver Lake, and the best part... The crawfish are huge!

God, I love that area. I've canoe'd the Buffalo from Ponca when its a class 2-3. Also done the smallmouth fishing on the same river from Harrison Ar on a 12 mile trip. Beautiful 300 foot bluffs and lots of wildlife.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are very lucky to only have to fish on the lake for a short period of time. I live on Lake Texoma, and I am forced to fish all year long!

That is my goal. We have always talked about moving to Grand and having a year around dock. Hunt the area in the winter, and fish year around. :clap3:

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis, have you ever tried floating the Elk River up in Noel, MO? It's definitely a party river, with a lot of college kids from Kansas, but back in high school I caught atleast 70 smallmouth in one outing.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am pumped up about the crappie spawn again this year, .............doodlesockin in the afternoon. Come on April.

Don't wait till April or you'll miss a lot of the big ones. They are already starting to be caught at Eufaula, Thunderbird, and Kaw. Maybe others too. 5 to 15 feet deep.

Latest posts

Top Bottom