Time to start fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a few times already. Caught 4 hybrids at Sooner lake last weekend. Caught several trout at Watonga weekends prior.

Definitely ready for the weather to shape up and make the fishing extra enjoyable though.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there last weekend and will be there again soon hopefully. Everything was a bit slow. Bait is tough to find. I hear that some are having luck with stripers on flukes and wildeyes.

Good luck!

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm about ready to get my kayaks out and run a little bit while the Ozark rivers are high. I'll try to hit the white bass spawning runs on the War Eagle River, but I'm more exciting for late June to arrive. Water starts getting a little lower, small mouth get more aggressive on the rivers, white bass school up on Beaver Lake, and the best part... The crawfish are huge!

Copper01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You bet I'm ready. I took off a couple days off next week to take the daughter fishing at the neighbors farm pond. If I wait until the weekend I'll end up taking my five nephews along too. I'm planning their camping/fishing trip a little later in April. It's nice to spend a day with her that doesn't involve shopping and a lot of eye rolling on my part.

Booked my yearly Texoma striper trip at the Backwoods show a couple of weekends back. June can't get here fast enough.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The boat is serviced and ready for the season, but I've got to leave for 2 weeks in Miami this weekend to the fish will have to wait a little longer. :(

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The boat is serviced and ready for the season, but I've got to leave for 2 weeks in Miami this weekend to the fish will have to wait a little longer. :(

Miami during Spring Break?? Um, which would you rather look at:

afleetpond.files.wordpress.com_2008_10_common_carp.jpg

Or

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom