To all you purest who say smoking with propane is illegal. . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a propane and I get a lot of compliments from people including a few "die hard wood" smokers and they ask to see the equipment and like to change their opinion of the food after they see the propane.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing is easier and cheaper then using a UDS. Look it up. Once you try it you will feel like a fool for stoaking a fire all day or having to fill a tank with fuel.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing is easier and cheaper then using a UDS. Look it up. Once you try it you will feel like a fool for stoaking a fire all day or having to fill a tank with fuel.

Those are really cool. Haven't made one yet,seen on youtube. But I wouldn't want to use a galvanized trash can, Maybe an old clean metal barrel.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are really cool. Haven't made one yet,seen on youtube. But I wouldn't want to use a galvanized trash can, Maybe an old clean metal barrel.

You use a 55 gallon drum. Here is a thread on how to build one.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43943

I can make 10lbs of charcoal last 16 hours without having to touch it. The food has a charbroiled taste because the food drips on the fire and that smoke adds to the flavor.

Here is mine

ai600.photobucket.com_albums_tt85_maverick7340_IMG_0362.jpg

ai600.photobucket.com_albums_tt85_maverick7340_IMG_0369.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom