Today I learned that 'cracker' isn't offensive as long as it is used as a descriptor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody heard of "flushing the quail"?

Go to a mall, walk down the aisle's and watch the minority kids, 4 abreast, seemingly unaware fail to see you, and make you dodge them.

I read a blog about this, from a black guy, (I don't have a link) several years ago. He did it when he was a kid.
When he finally matured and figured it out, he was embarrassed.

I've seen them do that a lot at the mall but I just keep going. I bounced one gangsta off a storefront window, said "oops" and just kept walking lol. All his fellow wannabe's were laughing at him and no doubt he probably regretted it. What irritates me more than anything is when they purposely walk in the street of neighborhoods to force cars to stop and go around.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is some racist bulls**t. What are a few jokes compared to 400 years of slavery? You seriously upset by comedians making jokes after decades of discrimination, Jim Crow and lynchings? You seriously upset by a few jokes in a country where African-Americans are incarcerated at a much higher rate than white Americans for the same crimes? You seriously upset by a few jokes when there has been a cultural genocide perpetrated on the Black man in America?

This some weak bulls**t. You should educate yourselves and open your eyes and see the reasons behind the crime and despair. Then ask yourselves who benefits from it?

Let's do start with some education.

What is the difference between slavery and "indentured servitude?"

Early blacks in America were actually indentured servants. After a period of 7 years of service, they were to be granted freedom and provided with land for themselves. Slavery, on the other hand is actually being property for a price paid. Indentured servants could be people of any race.

Who was the first "slave" owner in America?

His name was Anthony Johnson, and he was an indentured servant that was granted his freedom and provided with the acres of land. After gaining his freedom, he in turn had other blacks that were his indentured servants. After one of them had worked his 7 years for Johnson, he went to work for another land-owner. Then Anthony Johnson took the matter to court and declared that his "indentured servant" had been "paid for" so he was entitled to declare him a slave. The court agreed and Johnson's indentured servant became the first slave in America.

Wikipedia Article about Anthony Johnson

And yes, Anthony Johnson was a black man. In addition to all of this, many of the blacks in Africa that were sold into slavery were sold by other blacks, likely of other tribes.

Upon his death, the Commonwealth determined that Johnson was "an alien" and thus confiscated his property.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just get over it? That's some straight up BS. You don't believe white America bears any responsibility for the poverty and hopelessness the Black man suffers with daily? You don't believe that some form of reparations or entitlement should occur to bring us to a level playing field pertaining to opportunity for economic advancement?

There's more to Black America than rappers, pimps, and Tyler Perry. There are great men trying to protect their community from the cultural genocide perpetrated on a daily basis.

Until what America addresses its past and the debt it owes there will never be justice. No justice, no peace.

Fine. You can have an Obama phone.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. No one owes them anything for things that happened years ago. If anything the black leaders of this country should be encouraging them to shake off the entitlement mentality.

We have millions of illegal aliens in this country allegedly doing jobs that no one wants. Yet we have millions of out-of-work negros collecting welfare benefits instead of working. There is a gigantic disconnect going on here. Instead of our society enabling them to continue on in this crab mentality we should be encouraging them to get out.

This....

Nothing is owed anymore. Get a damn job and stop the bitching.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What can we do to encourage minorities to embrace our second amendment rights? Several threads about this lately. We've run off every last black member on OSA. But lets have a reasoned discussion. What can we do to attract more minorities to our cause?

Laugh The F*ck Out Loud.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems that the majority of minorities buy into the entitlement mindset and and are the main group of people voting democratic in order to get benefits. I know there are those who don't, but they are grossly outnumbered. It's simply too easy to play the race card and get free stuff. I wish it were different.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
What can we do to encourage minorities to embrace our second amendment rights? Several threads about this lately. We've run off every last black member on OSA. But lets have a reasoned discussion. What can we do to attract more minorities to our cause?

Laugh The F*ck Out Loud.

Unfortunately, I agree. Assuming this guy is for real and not a troll, he's been blasted pretty hard for relating his view. A view many of you might share if you were Black. This is, or was, an opportunity for you to gain knowledge of how someone different from yourself thinks. He has been pretty much insulted. It's embarrassing.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe in reparations, but I do believe you have to own a pair of boots before you can pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

I think sometimes we are such a homogenous group, some folks forget that minority Americans are our brothers and sisters in Christ as well as our fellow Americans. Every ethnic group has a different cultural experience. Their reality is different from some of yours.

And FYI, I'm not going to ban anyone who disagrees with me. You can have your own beliefs, just don't use racial slurs. And be mindful we at least a couple of members who are or were married to African American women.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I agree. Assuming this guy is for real and not a troll, he's been blasted pretty hard for relating his view. A view many of you might share if you were Black. This is, or was, an opportunity for you to gain knowledge of how someone different from yourself thinks. He has been pretty much insulted. It's embarrassing.

I pretty well agree with this. I've certainly ran into multiple people who share his viewpoint.

I can't say that I think this viewpoint is merely a racial one, though. In my experience it is more cultural/political.

Due to the rather homogenous beliefs of this forum, I can certainly see how someone with differing beliefs can have a hard time gaining traction. Not that that is something unique to this forum, of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom