Too Hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, it is for sure hot. But have we all forgotten that by this time last year we had already had almost 2 months of this kind of weather compared to this year's 2 weeks, or so? Grandfield had 87 days of triple digit temps last year.

I don't like it, but I've sure seen worse. Take heart; the days are getting shorter and there's a potential hurricane headed for Galveston.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes, contemplating outside activities in the heat is worse than just getting outside and doing them. I drug my feet this morning, drank a second cup of coffee and surfed OSA classifieds before finally going for a run at 10:45. When I left- 100 deg, 50 minutes later I returned and it was 103. I chugged 2 quarts of Gatoraid and headed out to my barn to lift weights. With the big doors open at both ends, there's a bit of a breeze but it's still 100+ deg inside.

The point is not about the guy out in Pioneer that's too dumb to know when it's too hot to exercise outside, but that if I/ y'all can commit to being soaked with sweat and dust, it's not so bad outside. It actually sucks worse to go somewhere all dressed up and deal with the hot car and scorching parking lots.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, it is for sure hot. But have we all forgotten that by this time last year we had already had almost 2 months of this kind of weather compared to this year's 2 weeks, or so? Grandfield had 87 days of triple digit temps last year.

I don't like it, but I've sure seen worse. Take heart; the days are getting shorter and there's a potential hurricane headed for Galveston.

Funny you mention this, Ronny. I really, really don't like OK summers but I got to thinking that during the Dust Bowl, our grandparents went through this kind of weather and didn't have a clue that air conditioning would ever be invented. I think about what it must have been like to try to sleep at night in the heat while storms blew dust everywhere. My grandma said they hung oil-soaked canvas over the windows to trap the dust before it made it inside.

When I think about the things my grandparents and great-grandparents endured it makes me realize how good we have it and how tough those people were.

Latest posts

Top Bottom