Trapping firsts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So are saying that there are now 7 more 3 legged coons out there, that now will much harder to catch now?
Wow.
I've made a couple of 3 legged coons myself,
But not because i didn't check on the traps every day,
But because i check on them around 10:30 to 11 one day & a couple of mine only had arms in them.
& I have never, ever caught a 3 legged coon. Even when using cages.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone run up to the last day? I set 8 coon traps Tuesday but couldn’t get up to check them cause of weather yesterday. All 8 had tripped but all but one got out. The one that I got had both paws in that little hole. Don’t know how he even got them in there.

We didn't set a single trap this year. I've had a few double paw catches in the coon cuffs since I started using them. My daughter actually did a science fair project when she was little about which did they prefer to grasp with. Iirc, she caught 50 coons, and the results were even except for this double paw catch. Didn't matter boar vs sow either, even split between left and right lol.

20190228_200941.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So are saying that there are now 7 more 3 legged coons out there, that now will much harder to catch now?
Wow.
I've made a couple of 3 legged coons myself,
But not because i didn't check on the traps every day,
But because i check on them around 10:30 to 11 on day & a couple of mine only had arms in them.
& I have never, ever caught a 3 legged coon. Even when using a cage.
Yeah, they will never go in a trap again.
The landowner was cutting down trees nearby. I think the noise and commotion had something to do with them making the extra effort to get away.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ran traps all through until noon today. I was really only trapping for coyotes, but only caught one this season. With all my game cameras, I am only certain that I have/had 4 coyotes on my lease. I’m sure others pass through, but I have only logged those 4 resident coyotes. One of them is no more and another only has 3 legs.

I was concerned I was missing coyotes with my sets, so I put my cameras on them to monitor the whole month of February. Never caught a coyote all month in a trap, or on a camera.

I caught the hell out of skunks this year for some reason. Finished the season with 12. Glad to get rid of them, but I hate dealing with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom