True Grit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both movies were based off the novel of the same name. I'm not sure how this isn't a remake.

Remake, not a remake....dunno. I just heard through all the press leading up to the movie is that's it's based more off the book than the John Wayne version. I love the John Wayne version; but can't wait to see this one. Looks great.

Karat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both movies were based off the novel of the same name. I'm not sure how this isn't a remake.

The John Wayne movie was based on the novel as far as the characters and the idea of the story. but the screen play for that movie was written specifically for John Wayne to win the best actor oscar. The new movie is supposed to adhere to the book far more closely.

Karat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.

I think if people will refrain from comparing it to the John Wayne original and just view it as another movie, it might be pretty good.

Exactly, I tell my friends that if they haven't seen the John Wayne version, they should watch the new on first. Just so they don't go into the new movie with different expectations.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly, I tell my friends that if they haven't seen the John Wayne version, they should watch the new on first. Just so they don't go into the new movie with different expectations.

I don't have any friends that haven't seen the John Wayne version. I don't associate with "those" kind of people. I like chicks.

Karat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any friends that haven't seen the John Wayne version. I don't associate with "those" kind of people.

LMAO...I was like, "Really? You have never seen TRUE GRIT with John Wayne? Where you raised Amish(insert any cooky place/religion that would restrict such things)?"

It turns out I work with some real winning characters, one of my co-workers doesn't even know who Indianna Jones is.....seriously

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My biggest problem with it is that anti gun liberal Jeff Bridges starring in it.
He's made several of these westerns where he gets a paycheck off something he has worked against in the past.

Latest posts

Top Bottom