Trump will be the nominee. What says you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trump is a protest candidate. He is as surprised as everyone at his lead. People aren't voting for Trump. They are voting against the establishment. He may be a demagogue but the people voting for him would likely tell you it isn't them that has been led astray but that the party itself has strayed.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/26/politics/lindsey-graham-ted-cruz-dinner/

When the establishment jokes about your murder on the floor of the senate, you might be the anti-establishment candidate.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of deal did Christie make? VP?
The number one issue for my candidate selection is Supreme Court nominations. Trump is not my first choice.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He is a Dem plant and will throw the election so Hillary can win.

Well that is your completely unfounded prognostication. We'll file it away and let you gloat if it comes to pass. :)

However, the fact that he has become such a contender should show the party regulars that they have gotten off track.

LOL, they're so deaf, dumb and blind that not even Helen Keller's teacher could show them the way. SMH

Trump is a protest candidate. He is as surprised as everyone at his lead. People aren't voting for Trump. They are voting against the establishment. He may be a demagogue but the people voting for him would likely tell you it isn't them that has been led astray but that the party itself has strayed.

Trump is the GOP equivalent of "None of the Above". LOL

A vote for Trump does not lead to "purer" Republican or Conservative outcomes - it is a cut off one's nose to spite one's face response.

So what exactly do you do when the nose is syphilitic and falling off? :anyone:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/26/politics/lindsey-graham-ted-cruz-dinner/

When the establishment jokes about your murder on the floor of the senate, you might be the anti-establishment candidate.

Which is why I voted for Cruz. If 99 Senators (including Inhofe) won't endorse you? That's all the endorsement I need. :)

Rubio won Minnesota. Dammit.....

Those idiots! :mad:

What kind of deal did Christie make? VP?
The number one issue for my candidate selection is Supreme Court nominations. Trump is not my first choice.

More likely AG or SCOTUS. Trump needs a non establishment, non northerner to run with. Cruz could never get confirmed for any position in the Senate (including SCOTUS), but Christie could. In spite of the idiots in Minnesota, Cruz has won four states to Rubio's one. Rubio has half the delegates Cruz has. Neither Rubio nor Kasich will get out until they get Florida and Ohio on record, but it's really a two person race at this point.

The only chance the establishment has of beating Trump is to grudgingly support Cruz as the nominee if he takes Rubio as VP, then gets Rubio and Kasich to support Cruz in that form. I'd put the odds of that at 5%. Most of the establishment would rather chew off their own arm than support Cruz.

If Trump were to convince Cruz to work with him as VP, the establishment would be toast. Neither Trump nor Cruz would owe the GOP a damn thing, which would completely put them out in the cold. I don't want Trump as POTUS, but I could accept that compromise to finally break the back of the establishment RINO cabal. I'd lay even odds on Lindsey Graham having a heart attack or aneurysm in the first 6 months of a Trump/Cruz administration.

Latest posts

Top Bottom