Tubes in Child's ears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son had them two different times, about 2 years apart. Definatly worth it. It was an amazing difference with having the tubes and all the problems before the tubes.
I wish you the best tomorrow.

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the benefits. My daughter went through a lot of ear infections before the tubes. Not much since. I would do it again for her in a heartbeat. Best wishes.

SoonerTactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had several sets of them growing up. A couple of things to think about:
1) no water in ears. Use either foam earplugs (for shower time) or silicon swimmer's ear plugs for other more wet activities.
2) Elevate the head of the child's bed. Will help to keep fluid draining throughout the night.
3) Hypoallergenic materials in and on the bed

And if they say they hear marching soldiers in their ears (or something like that), it's most likely fluid draining.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm another one of those parents who think tubes are a godsend. All three of my boys had them. The oldest had them once. The middle son had them 3 times and the youngest had them every year until he was 5. Made a world of difference. You won't regret it.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They will help. Both of my boys had to have tubes. It will help him alot. If you are up all night with him, like I was with mine, this will help you too. There is not much to it. Just have to watch out for water in their ears. Good luck in the morning. I wish you all the best.

My son got them when he was little. They really helped w/ear infections.

Latest posts

Top Bottom