Uncle Ted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just picked up a book titled God, Guns, & Rock 'N' Roll by Ted Nugent from the library today. So far a very good read. Has anyone else read it? If so what did you think. Was there anything in the book that wowed you? Or made you go huh? Like I never knew how he was against drugs from day one. Beating up a guy for trying to shove cocaine in his face before handing him over to security.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its been a while, but yeah I liked it. If you like that one, you may want to also check out "Ted, White, and Blue"

I didn't care for some of the things he did when he was younger, but at least he fesses up to them and admits they were stupid.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read it. Ted's writing is pretty bad IMO. He writes like he is: all over the place and bouncing off the walls. It's also all Ted all the time, and GG&R is just Ted saying how awesome Ted is for the entirety of the book. The energy and sharpness he shows in person doesn't translate well to written words; I find it pretty hard to read anything the dude writes to be honest.

But let us not forget, he gave us Double Live Gonzo and therefore he can do no wrong. Ted will ever, ever get the credit he deserves for his contributions to heavy music and I attribute a lot of that to his personal beliefs, which is sad. I put him in the top 4 pioneers of Loud. Blue Cheer, Black Sabbath, The MC5...and Ted Fawking Nugent with his Byrdland in hand. 6:30 in this video for proof.

Thank god for the Master of Mastadon-Mating Feedback Guitar.

Last edited by a moderator:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Double Live Gonzo--now there's an album!! Saw Uncle Ted live and in concert, OKC fairgrounds, Jan 1979. Never will forget that night!

Up there with the Allman's "Live at Fillmore East" and Neil Young's "Rust Never Sleeps" in terms of the best live rock albums ever.

Ted in '79? I'm jealous. I'm too young to have seen him in his full-on prime. In the mid to late 70's Ted was widely considered to be the loudest band in existence at the time. I've seen him a few times, last time being 2006-ish and he still killed it, but a Ted show (with Derek St. Holmes) in the late 70's would be no comparison.

/Ted Worship

Last edited by a moderator:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, RH, that was a helluva show in '79. Was just after the release of "Wango, Tango," and Ted had shaved off his facial hair, so he didn't have the really, really, really wildman look of the "Gonzo" days. Thanks for posting the videos of Ted, sure brings back the memories. BTW, the "other" big live album of the day (mid-to-late-1970's) was "Foghat Live." Some of the best hard-driving music of all-time; as in, if you wanted to get to the City at 105 mph, fill the tank of the big red Dodge Charger R/T with 75 cent-a-gallon premium fuel, and put "Foghat Live" in the tape deck and crank 'er up.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, RH, that was a helluva show in '79. Was just after the release of "Wango, Tango," and Ted had shaved off his facial hair, so he didn't have the really, really, really wildman look of the "Gonzo" days. Thanks for posting the videos of Ted, sure brings back the memories. BTW, the "other" big live album of the day (mid-to-late-1970's) was "Foghat Live." Some of the best hard-driving music of all-time; as in, if you wanted to get to the City at 105 mph, fill the tank of the big red Dodge Charger R/T with 75 cent-a-gallon premium fuel, and put "Foghat Live" in the tape deck and crank 'er up.
LOL +1....did that happen to be an 8 track tape deck? just played over and over...LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom