Usernames and Avatars: What is their meaning or Significance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Username:

When I first started getting into *cough*fun stuff*cough* on computers when I was 11, Veggie Meat was the name I chose to use online. You could say it was inspired by someone using the name Deth Veggie. I was into oxymoron jokes at the time, so Veggie Meat worked.

So I've pretty much used that name just about everywhere I am on the Internet. I've seriously considered seeing if you could trademark online handles, as it pretty much has become one. (I've gotten notified a time or two about an "imposter".)

By the way, that's also what the "VM" in VM(doh) stands for. I knew I wanted to incorporate "VM" or "Veggie Meat" into my business name, so I started with VM in an effort to keep it short. I decided I wanted the "VM" in script, followed by something short in block in parentheses for the logo because it looked kinda cool. So I started doing 3-4 letter "pronunciations" and checking for VM***.com. "doh" was available, rolled off the tongue easily, and looked cool.

I change it all the time...

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
avatar I don't like cats but that one is cute

Cat? I thought it was Nancy Grace...

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b91_primate1_limenancy.jpg

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TWSS stands for That's What She Said.

My avatar is of Bruce Campbell from "army of darkness". One of my favorites when I was a bit younger.

Muleman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own mules, or they own me, depends on how you look at it.

Found the avatar on the internet, tried to get one of my mules to wear overalls and boots, gave up and used the borrowed pic.

Can't wait to hear about nobuttbrians avatar! :thumbup3:

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the guys at work would always yell, 'Teeeeeroy' when I walked into our clubhouse. It's just another way of saying my name (Troy), but I chose to spell it with 3 e's so that it would be pronounced with the drawn out e sound. I guess it's fairly common (even with 3 e's) because it's often taken online.

The avatar is just my vanity plate. It's identified me by at least one member on this board that lives close by.

On a related note....I was driving behind COWZRUL's truck one day. Unless someone else has that tag!

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the guys at work would always yell, 'Teeeeeroy' when I walked into our clubhouse. It's just another way of saying my name (Troy), but I chose to spell it with 3 e's so that it would be pronounced with the drawn out e sound. I guess it's fairly common (even with 3 e's) because it's often taken online.

The avatar is just my vanity plate. It's identified me by at least one member on this board that lives close by.

On a related note....I was driving behind COWZRUL's truck one day. Unless someone else has that tag!

Everytime I see your screen name, I want to add "Jenkins" to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom