USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is a carrier under any obligation whatsoever to get out of their vehicle to deliver mail in a neighborhood that is entirely curbside mailboxes?

We have this new (maybe 6 months on the route) lady that skips alot of the houses on the street every trash day because trash runs first and those guys just toss the cans back to the curb, and they don't care who they inconvenience.
Zero obligation to get out unless there is a package to deliver to the porch. Seen a few that do on a once in awhile issue but many use it as an excuse.

It’s your obligation to keep the approach to the mailbox clear.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Zero obligation to get out unless there is a package to deliver to the porch. Seen a few that do on a once in awhile issue but many use it as an excuse.

It’s your obligation to keep the approach to the mailbox clear.
The PO-603 rural carrier handbook clearly states a carrier is to dismount to serve a temporarily blocked box.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Maybe not in your day but the Amazon Sunday today is insane. Seen carriers make 2 trips.
The original comment was directed to a retired city carrier. Unlike rural carriers who are paid evaluated route time on both light and heavy days, city carriers are paid by the hour. They earn approximately 2 minutes for every package over 2 pounds outside their normal daily base volume.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The original comment was directed to a retired city carrier. Unlike rural carriers who are paid evaluated route time on both light and heavy days, city carriers are paid by the hour. They earn approximately 2 minutes for every package over 2 pounds outside their normal daily base volume.
How long have you been retired? Sure nothing has changed since then. You keep defending a job you haven’t worked for in awhile.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
How long have you been retired? Sure nothing has changed since then. You keep defending a job you haven’t worked for in awhile.
Like I told you the other day, 12 years. Are you just going thru old posts and reviving your USPS hatred tonight? You had poor training and were done wrong by management. The rules I mentioned above remain exactly the same. That’s part of the problem, USPS hasn’t adapted to change and how employees are compensated Is one area that needs to be. It would be productivity based if I could change it. Good employees would make more and the slugs would be fired for not meeting productivity goals. A man can dream I guess.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
12 years man. Sure it’s exactly the way it was when you retired.

I retired from the military in 2015. Stopped back by my last base in 2021. Completely different. Something to think about.
The po-603 for rural carriers and the m-41 for city carriers remains unchanged. I’m sure other areas of the USPS have changed quite a bit. Compensation methods need to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom