USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Retired postal worker here. Don't have enough time to even outline all the **** wrong with the USPS. Retired first day humanly possible. Biggest problem currently is freakin AMAZON. I went from 5 or 10 large parcels that won't fit in the mailbox to about 150. Never once got help but was expected back same time as when I had 5 packages. High school drop outs and total a-holes are usually put in management, although on rare occasions Ive met adequate ones, but its a rarity. You have morons that have never touched a piece of mail making policy for the entire country.

My anecdotal evidence would support that statement.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Retired postal worker here. Don't have enough time to even outline all the **** wrong with the USPS. Retired first day humanly possible. Biggest problem currently is freakin AMAZON. I went from 5 or 10 large parcels that won't fit in the mailbox to about 150. Never once got help but was expected back same time as when I had 5 packages. High school drop outs and total a-holes are usually put in management, although on rare occasions Ive met adequate ones, but its a rarity. You have morons that have never touched a piece of mail making policy for the entire country.
Management usually comes from letter carriers and clerks. Did you ever apply or were you just one of those carriers who knew it all but preferred to just complain? No way did any route ever get 150 parcels that wouldn’t fit in a mail box on any 1 day. That alone would have earned 5 hours of time on your route. Total BS.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently the "USPS Strikes Again" thread got deleted so I'll post here rather than start a new thread.

But, the USPS Strikes Again. One more missing package chalked up to the Ada PO. Nothing but crickets since Nov 8th. It really makes me wonder what mail (that doesn't have a tracking number) we haven't received since we've lived here.

So much for saying the service from the Ada PO has improved. Must've just been a fluke that we went a month or so without any missing mail...that we know of.

Screenshot 2023-11-12 062559.jpg

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Apparently the "USPS Strikes Again" thread got deleted so I'll post here rather than start a new thread.

But, the USPS Strikes Again. One more missing package chalked up to the Ada PO. Nothing but crickets since Nov 8th. It really makes me wonder what mail (that doesn't have a tracking number) we haven't received since we've lived here.

So much for saying the service from the Ada PO has improved. Must've just been a fluke that we went a month or so without any missing mail...that we know of.

View attachment 428626
My guess is delivered to the wrong person and unless they turn it back in you’ll never see it. Hopefully not the same person that got the trolling motor. Service does seem to suck lately for Ada for sure. I’ve never seen a scan that says delivered to agent so I have no idea for sure.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the lady I spoke with (I believe she was the #2 at Ada) "Delivered to final agent" means it was most likely placed on the wrong vehicle for delivery. I get it...that happens. So, once that carrier gets back in it goes thru some process for being placed on the correct vehicle for delivery...and gets that scan.

What happens after that is anyone's guess.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just another goobermint agency. The employees that actually care, with the majority that try to get the job; cannot make up for those complete morons, laziness and a screwed up system.

The service contracts have USPS, UPS, and Fed Ex operating as different divisions of the same company. Add in Amazon and huge influx of online shipping. E-mail and online billing reduce physical mail. The letter carrier has become a package handler. The system wasn't set up for freight. That is how UPS and Fex Ex came about. Big freight doesnt want to deal with small packages. USPS didnt either. Every time the package changes hands is a chance for loss.

I have no magic fix, but the problem is obviously real.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I like our PO, they’re all locals and have been there a spell. Not diks in the slightest. Our carrier(s) are good folks. That makes up for the weekly delivery of somebody else’s mail.
I get all my stuff usually on time but I don’t get things that are high dollar through USPS. That’s for UPS or FedEx.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Just another goobermint agency. The employees that actually care, with the majority that try to get the job; cannot make up for those complete morons, laziness and a screwed up system.

The service contracts have USPS, UPS, and Fed Ex operating as different divisions of the same company. Add in Amazon and huge influx of online shipping. E-mail and online billing reduce physical mail. The letter carrier has become a package handler. The system wasn't set up for freight. That is how UPS and Fex Ex came about. Big freight doesnt want to deal with small packages. USPS didnt either. Every time the package changes hands is a chance for loss.

I have no magic fix, but the problem is obviously real.
Did your package arrive timely the other day? Probably got it Monday after its trip thru Iowa.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I like our PO, they’re all locals and have been there a spell. Not diks in the slightest. Our carrier(s) are good folks. That makes up for the weekly delivery of somebody else’s mail.
I get all my stuff usually on time but I don’t get things that are high dollar through USPS. That’s for UPS or FedEx.
Most do a good job. It seems to run better in very small post offices like Elgin. Too many employees get together they start whining like it's OSA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom