Velvet Buck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm not sure then. Cold front decided to hang out up North for a while I guess. Got a new one on cam, comes in past my bed time though.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_WGI_0108_zpsm9pzrszl.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty much seeing the same cast of characters every day, and I'm starting to get a little concerned. There is only one buck over 4, and most are 2-3. Granted, that's encouraging for the future, but so far, this year is looking pretty bleak. If I can get my daughter to kill the big mature 8 pt, whether I kill a deer or not is really immaterial.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm debating on when to check my cameras. I'm only checking them once before the season, so the closer to October 1st, the better for patterning (if I even have deer on camera), but I also don't want to be busting up the area right before season, either. Maybe I can get a rainstorm to help me out and I'll go just before it hits.

Last edited:

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty much seeing the same cast of characters every day, and I'm starting to get a little concerned. There is only one buck over 4, and most are 2-3. Granted, that's encouraging for the future, but so far, this year is looking pretty bleak. If I can get my daughter to kill the big mature 8 pt, whether I kill a deer or not is really immaterial.

I was as well until yesterday. Had a whole new cast of characters show up. A really good cast at that. :-) that's the only draw back to the wireless cams. Season is open in KS and potential shooters are walking the trails this morning at shooting light!

I'm not certain but I think mine indicates the corn being cut on the neighbors. That's how it happened last year. Nothing but dinks until the day the corn came out.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
you guys have some nice deer on cam. we still have the same four yearlings hanging out with the same four does. my place is a pass through area though and we can be surprised at any moment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom