Verizon Smartphones for .01 - Droids, HTC, etc...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know if you guys heard about this, but I'm considering making the jump. I've been with AT&T for many many years, but have wondered if I could get a better deal on Verizon. I can get basically the same plan for a little less and two of the top of the line phones for .01 each.

What do you guys think? I love my Torch and I've had BBs for years for the keyboard, but if I can get a Bionic for one penny, is it worth trying something new?

Also is the Bionic the best choice? The options range from the Bionic to the HTC Thunderbolt, Droid Charge, Droid Incredible 2, Droid 3, Droid X2, HTC Rhyme and HTC Trophy.

Help me decide...

1. Should I leave AT&T for Verizon
2. Should I toss my BB Torch and the wife's iPhone for Droids or ?

Pros and cons would be helpful.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Bionic is a good phone and for .01 you can't beat the price. The bonus is if you get it now there is a chance you will still be in the 30 day period if the Droid Prime(Nexus Prime) gets released. Supposedly to be announced next week.

If I weren't holdnig out for the Prime I would order a Bionic.

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make the switch to Verizon. We did a little over a year ago and haven't ever had a dropped call or anything and their customer service is awesome. The Bionic is a nice phone, much better than the Thunderbolt, Incredible, etc. I'd either get the Bionic or the X2 or a Samsung Droid of some sort if your heart is set on a Droid. They (Motorola and Samsung) have the best ones as far as battery and quality goes. (Or just make the plunge and get the iPhone). Hope that helps some.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you, how are you getting a Bionic for a penny?
I just called the Verizon store and they "know nothing and hear nothing".
I'd be all over a bionic for .01.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you, how are you getting a Bionic for a penny?
I just called the Verizon store and they "know nothing and hear nothing".
I'd be all over a bionic for .01.

It's only when you sign up through Amazon.com

Add it to your cart and choose your plan etc and it will show .01 for the equipment cost.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a long time AT&T user and switched to Verizon 18 months ago. I haven't looked back. I have dropped less than a half dozen calls in that entire time frame. I get better signal in more places.

The only downside is that with Verizon, no browsing and talking at the same time. Doesn't matter to me (I have a dumb phone, provided through my employer). It would be a deal breaker for my wife and her iPhone.

I can't comment on Droid versus iPhone versus BB versus other android phones (as I had only an iPhone before my dumb phone), just on the service.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.01 for any phone is a great deal. I have been with ATT for years, I get a discount through my employer, so I stick with them.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to pay full price for a phone you can go month to month. Otherwise to get a discounted price you will have to sign a 2 year contract.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last I checked, Verison required a two year contract (prefer month to month). Is this still the case?

That's true on this deal.

I usually just go from contract to contract on AT&T anyway and get whatever the best phone at the time is at the discounted rate.

I'm still on the fence. I do really really like the keyboard / touchscreen combo on my Blackberry Torch so it would be hard to switch to the Droid. The reviews I've found of the Bionic also say the screen isn't that great so ... ?

Thanks everyone for the opinions and information. It's been helpful and I still have until the 18th when the promotion ends to decide, so I'm not going to rush it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom