Verizon Smartphones for .01 - Droids, HTC, etc...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm a little old school. I prefer the M2M at AT&T and not have to worry about a contract fulfillment should I want to change vendors.

I hear ya. There is definitely something to be said for not being locked into a contract, but I've been with AT&T for about 15 years straight now so after a while I just decided to stay on contract and get the free phones.

But that may change... :)

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also worth noting that most of them have contract breakages fees, and pro-rate them based on how much of the contract is remaining. So when I left AT&T, and had the better part of 1 year left, I only paid 70 or so dollars to bail. It was worth it to me as my new phone costs me nothing (through employer) and thus the breakage fee was much lower than what it would have cost me to keep the phone through the end of the contract. They also never asked me to repay any part of my subsidized iPhone, either ;)

So the contract may not be too much a hurdle if you really need to drop a carrier. But you'd have to do your own math.

Latest posts

Top Bottom