Walmart Receipt Checking Lawsuits Thrown Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never have been asked. I have seen them ask others. I own the receipt, doubt I’d show it. During Covid height a Best Buy employee made a mistake of putting his hand on my chest to keep me from walking in without a mask. It did not go well for him. The Police asked if I wanted to press charges as the store had it on film. He was hurting bad enough so no charges.
Boom Boom.....out go the lights.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you just say no, have a nice day they are not allowed to do anything. If you feel like showing it that's fine, if you don't just say no. Not a big deal. I'll never understand why people feel compelled to do something just because someone asks. Set firm boundaries, just say no and move along.

I go to the one on Danforth and Santa Fe in Edmond. Less human waste there and no shakedown.
"Shakedown"? As a one-time small business owner I would never begrudge a business for trying to cut their losses due to theft, even if it meant checking to make sure all that stuff going out the door had actually been paid for. And I certainly would not take my frustrations out on the old Senior guy standing on his feet half the day (and risking injury from disgruntled customers) just trying to add a few extra bucks to his retirement pay.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The things that people complain about when it comes to the Walmarts pretty much all happened after ol’ Sam had shuffled off this mortal coil.

Maybe if the folks who succeeded him had paid more attention to what he did and how he ran his business, fewer people would be complaining about it today…
So the business has become less successful?

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think I said anything at all about it being successful.

ETA: Sam’s business was both successful and well liked.
In the 2000s when the super centers went into full swing, many were so happy to see the competition via Walmart and places like IGA or Crest.

Only place that was widely opposed was the location in Edmond off I35. That was over some turtles and frogs when it came push to shove.

Sam's business wasn't once of monopoly and labor oppression. Which is partly why the suspect centers across America were for the most part unopposed.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1686184346086.jpg

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One in Ada check receipt if what you have is not in a bag.

Same woman stops me almost every Saturday morning.

I mean I get it she's just doing her job.

I make it a game, last weekend everything was bagged as I walked by her she looked at the cart and I said not today receipt nazi and laughed as I walked out.

Last time I bought a couple cases of water I knew she would ask to see the receipt, so I stopped short of the doors and she was not there, I yelled out yo receipt nazi come check this to be sure I am not stealing it, she ran up from around the corner laughing.

I dont get mad at the folks, I get it, it store or company policy, and I do make small talk, then go on my way.

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have visited Walmart in many states over the past few years. One thing that seems extremely noticeable is that the receipt request is racially motivated. Personally, when they asked me for my receipt, I said no thank you and keep walking. I’ve only had one or two people follow me and I have reminded them that touching me is battery and I am willing and able to respond in kind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom