Walmart Returning Guns To Its Shelves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
The sad thing is that I'm only 42... :)

I have an old soul though and I paid attention when I was a kid. (Mainly becuase I was born with a rifle in my hand).

I bet your mama was a bit unhappy about that.

Claremore walmart never stopped selling guns. Vinita walmart recently restocked.

Wasn't all that long ago they sold handguns. Then some whack job shot up a parking lot with a shot gun he had bought somewhere else so the logical thing for them to do was to stop selling handguns.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember as a teenager in the 80's seeing handguns at Wal Mart. In fact, I remember distinctly they had a Colt Mustang and some N frame smiths. I was about 13 and had to settle for a Charter Arms AR-7 my grampa bought me for canoing. Grampa was good at buying guns, one of the many many reasons I am glad I grew up with him. I also remember Gibson's having a nice selection of handguns including Beretta and Smiths.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody remember seeing OTASCO branded Marlin 336's, Sears, Robuck and Co, or others? I don't see Walmart branded firearms in my future, but those are interesting simply because they are an example of how much a part of our lives that firearms played.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
now if we could get them to do layaway again on guns, like the old gibson's store. Spent way too much money on ammo and guns, etc at the stillwater store years ago.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wal Mart blows donkeys! They will do absolutely nothing good for firearms owners or the firearms industry....then again....if they use their clout to get some of the import bans lifted that would be a good thing.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Anybody remember seeing OTASCO branded Marlin 336's, Sears, Robuck and Co, or others? I don't see Walmart branded firearms in my future, but those are interesting simply because they are an example of how much a part of our lives that firearms played.

First gun I ever bought all by myself was a Marlin model 30(336 with budget wood) at the OTASCO, they let me buy it but dad had to come in and take me home with it.
Yes, I still have it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom