Wanamachers vs online ammo for purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight92

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello,

I had a question concerning purchasing 1000 or more rounds of 9mm ammo. Would it be cheaper to purchase at Wanamachers rather than online? To preempt the Wal-mart argument, all the on-line prices shipped are cheaper than what I would pay for with four boxes of Remington UMC 250 which with tax would be $238.60.

New to the forum, but have read a lot and more importantly learned a lot from you all and respect your thoughts thanks for your input in advance

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't priced 9mm ammo at the past couple of Wanenmacher shows, but I can tell you that by and large, the ammo vendors there do not have prices competitive with what you can get outside of the show. In fact, some of them have outrageous prices on their ammo. I'm guessing they're looking for suckers with money to burn, who'll rather get the ammo NOW than order it online and have to wait (if even the buyer has a clue where to look online). Having said that, you can find decent prices from a few vendors like Ammunition Center (?), which is based in Stillwater. The fellow who runs that outfit sometimes will negotiate the price on some calibers of ammo, if you have the cash in hand.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never heard of "Ammunition Center" before? Is this factory ammo or reloads? Do they have a website?

This is factory ammo. Ammunition Center is basically a mom-and-pop operation, and the fellow likes to keep a low profile - I haven't seen a web site or address, but he's active on Gunbroker and goes to all the big gun shows. He has crates and individual boxes of factory and milsurp ammo and shotgun shells. Nice guy, too.

ETA: I did a search just now, and apparently this vendor has changed the name of his operation and now has a web site: http://www.sgammo.com/

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wanamachers 10 years ago was the place to buy.
now with the outrageous table prices and admission its no deal.
last april 9mm winchester white box 100 pack was $19.96 at wally world
and $23.95-26.95 at the show and people were buying it by the case.

probably be $30 a box at this show.

try natchez shooters, cheaper than dirt, or ammotogo.

natchez had some good deals a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
after checking most places commonly mentioned. the cheapest is sgammo's pmc at $187.95 plus freight.
Rem, win, etc are $215 plus freight. so all your going to do is save sales tax over buying at walmart.
unless you just happen to stumble over a good deal.

I would watch gunbroker and watch auctions right as their closing. especially the ones at 4-6 am
I've picked up some good deals that way like win 22hornet for $20 a box. $35-45 in the store.

Knight92

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, I have been keeping an eye on gunbroker and have picked up a case of the PMC for 200 shipped. I will by pass the gun show and look at the online ammo sites and keep an eye on gunbroker as well

Latest posts

Top Bottom