Weak..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh this place is just like every other place -- some good folks, some assholes, some idiots sprinkled in for good measure. Just kinda up to each person to decide who is what. That's what makes it interesting. 😉
I agree.
I wonder sometimes if some people can’t figure out why so many left and went to other places.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this because I’m Irish?
Probably, can only be Mercian here.

Also, why isn’t the Notre Dame mascot getting banned, “The Fighting Irish” 1) That’s implies all Irish fight, that’s an offensive stereotype 2) and Did you see the bowl game against OSU last year? Any Irish should be offended by the lack of fight.

Last edited:

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Also, why isn’t the Notre Dame mascot getting banned, “The Fighting Irish” 1) That’s implies all Irish fight, that’s an offensive stereotype 2) and Did you see the bowl game against OSU last year? Any Irish should be offended by the lack of fight.
They're still the Fighting Irish because none of the non-Irish suburbanites have decided to get offended on our behalf yet. Also, a little Jack Daniels or tequila made me feed the stereotype in my 20s until I finally realized the trend and that fighting hurts even when you manage to win.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're still the Fighting Irish because none of the non-Irish suburbanites have decided to get offended on our behalf yet. Also, a little Jack Daniels or tequila made me feed the stereotype in my 20s until I finally realized the trend and that fighting hurts even when you manage to win.
But, that takes the fun out of my flawed and appropriately inappropriate logic.

(just got done watching the witch scene in search for the holy grail, trying to up my flawed logic game)

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

But, that takes the fun out of my flawed and appropriately inappropriate logic.

(just got done watching the witch scene in search for the holy grail, trying to up my flawed logic game)

Yeah....I'm confused on the team name/mascot 'offendnation'. You name your team something that you would be proud to be or aspire to be. You wouldn't name your team "The Jackwagons", "The Fluffers", or "The Grizzly Turds".....(well, I wouldn't). How come the confectionery industry isn't trying to eliminate the team name "Packers"?

Seems like it's just one more thing to divert our attention from something else. JMO

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Lol.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah....I'm confused on the team name/mascot 'offendnation'. You name your team something that you would be proud to be or aspire to be. You wouldn't name your team "The Jackwagons", "The Fluffers", or "The Grizzly Turds".....(well, I wouldn't). How come the confectionery industry isn't trying to eliminate the team name "Packers"?

Seems like it's just one more thing to divert our attention from something else. JMO

“Fluffers” is already taken by that Norman college team

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always said if ever I strike it rich, I'm gonna find a little high school somewhere and offer them an obscene amount of money to change their team name to the Fightin' Snapperheads, but I think I like the Fightin' Jackwagons better.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I swear to God, if I hear one more Irish stereotype on St. Paddy's Day, I'm gonna get in a drunken brawl with them then and there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom