What actual form do you think new gun control will take?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had to guess. I bet people will "compromise" on

1. Renewed AWB, including the limits on Hi-cap magazines, pistol grips, etc.
2. Import restrictions - which I can see coming via executive order very soon.
3. Background checks required for private sales / restrictions on private sales.

I do not see a ban on all semi-automatic weapons, across the board registration, or any confiscation/turn them in sort of requirments.

I certainly do not support any of the above, but if anything does pass, those I see as having the best shot.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so its a given?
we've given up?

Last I checked theres a rep majority in the house

Mike it's not going to come down to the House. Congress has an extremely full plate already. The Senate has to confirm a new SECDEF, a new SOS and if true to their word won't do that until Hillary gets her fat ass up there to testify. They also have another fiscal cliff fight coming in less than two months, judicial appointments, etc., etc., etc. There is no way they are going to pass any gun control anyway much less before the "crisis" dies down, which if my impression is correct, it already has. Congress has been hammered from what I can tell from the boards. This has the WH in a frenzy and they are just not above an EO doing who knows what. Will an EO hold up? Debatable but I doubt it. But even so, it will likely last long enough to put companies like DD, BCM, JP, PSA and the whole host of other small ones out of business. I don't see anyone weathering an EO storm except for the biggies like S&W, Ruger, Sig, Colt, etc. This is enough right there for them to do it.

To the O/P, I figure there will be a moratorium on the manufacture and sale of high cap mags and AWBs. They may even try for registration. Also gun shows will likely go the way of the dodo bird.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone reading this had better decide if and at what point they are willing to become an outlaw. Our LEOs on this forum will have an even tougher decision...

If they have any honor or integrity, it's not a tough decision at all. I fully understand the oath of office I've taken on numerous occasions. It's unconditional and has no expiration date...

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they will close the gun show "loop holes"

Ban NEW mags greater than 10 rounds

Ban the manufacture and import of so-called "assault rifles."

I think it's all disgusting. Better to use Federal money to hire more police officers, and coordinate vetted volunteers. Of course, anything that requires responsibility and personal effort is a no-go.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere between nothing or a high capacity magazine ban. No closing of "gunshow loophole". No AWB. No making ARs NFA weapons. No crazy ammo tax. With the Republicans controlling the house, it better be nothing or I'd expect several to lose their jobs in 2 years.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it'll come down to re-instating the AWB and limits on mag capacity. I doubt if there will be any confiscation without having registration in place for a number of years. That being said, I will not stop posting all over Twitter, FB, forums, etc. I will not stop writing into biased newscasts nor will I stop sending e-mails to my reps regardless of where they stand on the gun issue.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In other words, what do you think they will really do?

Here's my guess:
I think Crazy Uncle Jo is negotiating...throwing stuff out there to see what sticks. Ultimately, after scaring the crap out of people they will be happy with a mandatory background check on all sales, including private in-state sales. I believe his meeting with the NRA tomorrow will be to talk about...OK here is what we need, tell us what you need and what you are willing to give up. I believe the one thing Biden, Obama and the other anti 2As WILL not give up is
mandatory background check on all sales, including private in-state sales.

As shown in another thread, this will lead to mandatory registration of all firearms within 2 years, and then confiscation in another 2-4.
http://www.okshooters.com/showthrea...ole-quot-leads-to-registration-of-all-weapons

So we must resist mandatory background checks on all sales as a red line that we cannot cross. .
Please please please write to senators and congressmen at least once a week to stress this point.
:)

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of you that think nothing much will happen are not paying attention. Biden said "if congress doesn't take care of it, we will do it through EO" it's coming.

I personally see us losing modern sporting rifles and hi-cap mags through NFA, closing the gunshow and private sale loop holes and possible a national gun ownership license. Also, I could see banning import of all things related to guns, including ammo and restrictive ammo sales.

Latest posts

Top Bottom