What actual form do you think new gun control will take?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It has been said by someone in the current adm. that when the romans arrived in a village, they were taking over, the first thing they did was, pull a few of the men out and crucified them. He claimed it kept the village under control for quite some time. A bunch of you all keep talking about legalitys, Better wake up and realize who, and what we are dealing with. This is going to make a lot of liberals mad, but there is no one, with the intestinal fortutide, to go against our LIBERAL BLACK PRESIDENT. The closest thing, they are willing to do, as in medieval times, is to strike at his shadow. With Holder as A.G. we ain't got no rights. Contrast The treatment of Oliver North, lying to congress (Iran Contra) to Holders complete contempt for it. Further if helller was decided to day, I believe the results might be reversed.

jchip123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really think what ever happens is going to end up with the Supreme Court making the final ruling.
What comes out of these meeting's will for certain violate the Constitution of the United States.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of you that think nothing much will happen are not paying attention. Biden said "if congress doesn't take care of it, we will do it through EO" it's coming.

I personally see us losing modern sporting rifles and hi-cap mags through NFA, closing the gunshow and private sale loop holes and possible a national gun ownership license. Also, I could see banning import of all things related to guns, including ammo and restrictive ammo sales.

Can't be done under an EO. EO's can't be used to make new law.

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I had to guess. I bet people will "compromise" on

1. Renewed AWB, including the limits on Hi-cap magazines, pistol grips, etc.
2. Import restrictions - which I can see coming via executive order very soon.
3. Background checks required for private sales / restrictions on private sales.

I do not see a ban on all semi-automatic weapons, across the board registration, or any confiscation/turn them in sort of requirments.

I certainly do not support any of the above, but if anything does pass, those I see as having the best shot.

This. And I have thought for a long time they would eventually get another '94 style ban again.

BadKarma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they have any honor or integrity, it's not a tough decision at all. I fully understand the oath of office I've taken on numerous occasions. It's unconditional and has no expiration date...

Took that oath about twenty three years ago. My commitment is as true, steadfast and unconditional now as it was then.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think an EO to stop importing guns, gun parts and ammo.

Thats about all he can do with an EO. The rest of the "ban" stuff will have to come from Congress and i doubt anything gets done.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had to guess. I bet people will "compromise" on

1. Renewed AWB, including the limits on Hi-cap magazines, pistol grips, etc.
2. Import restrictions - which I can see coming via executive order very soon.
3. Background checks required for private sales / restrictions on private sales.

I do not see a ban on all semi-automatic weapons, across the board registration, or any confiscation/turn them in sort of requirments.

I certainly do not support any of the above, but if anything does pass, those I see as having the best shot.

10Second's list makes sense because:
  • It is a way to divide gun owners. Most would breath a sigh of relief and shut up thinking they are ok.
  • We already have background checks for some gun sales so this is hard to argue against convincingly.
  • Congress critters can say they fought hard and this is the best they could get. "Please understand - not my fault."

We need convincing arguments and strategies to defeat each of the restrictions listed by 10Second.

Our representatives earn their ill-gotten wealth by compromising. They are going to want to compromise very badly, perhaps in this case because they have been threatened that they will be pushed away from the feeding trough if they don't go along.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is serious guys. I am not taking this as a joke. And I have read a lot of joking on here. I will not give in to the government and neither should any of you. We cannot trust anyone in Washington to help us. Lankford made that clear the other night when he kept dodging the question about whether he believes in the 2A for protection against tyranny. He only believes in it for hunting and personal protection but not for protection against the government, which he is a part of. No wonder he doesn't support that. He would be out a job. Our government only thinks about themselves and will cave at every chance they get. The only way that we will keep every single one of our rights is by being willing to fight for them. Are we too good to do it? Are we too scared to do it? Are we too lazy to do it? Or does it not matter that much anymore? None of the above for me. I am willing to do whatever I have to to ensure that I, especially my son has the same rights that I have had. And also to preserve what our founding fathers fought so hard to achieve. If we do nothing but sit and take it we might as well piss on their graves. Our government hopes this is what most gun owners will do. They want us to be afraid to act and sit by idly. Ask yourselves this: Do you really think that our government is really going to stop at just getting a magazine ban passed? Or stop at getting an AWB? I know for a fact that they will not. And that is the whole point of this. If we give even one millimeter on our rights we might as well give them all up right then and there because eventually they will all be taken. Are you all ready for that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom