What did you do today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 boys. 3.5yrs and now this one!!! Just been trying to adjust now!! It's been a little hectic!! :D

LOL ... Congrats, sir!! I had 3 boys -- the first was 4 years older than the last 2, which were 13 months apart ... :eek: They were GREAT! and turned out to be pretty good kids in spite of having me for a mom! :wink2: Like others have said, enjoy it because I promise you it will go by WAY too fast ...

Lol, I do that a few times a year too!! My Dad is a veterinarian and we normally get a beef once a year!!

Ha! My dad was a vet too ... Made for a VERY interesting childhood, huh?? I didn't eat beef for years after I left home ... mostly because we had steak (or some form of beef) every single night for dinner! LOL ...

I dunno how much I'm gonna get done today. GC worked 2 hoot shifts so he's sacked out in bed right now, which means I gotta be quiet. So, I think I might finish planning out that new vertical garden I want to put in this spring and dig through my seeds to see if I have everything I want to grow. The weather is gonna be perfect next weekend so THAT is gonna be our busy weekend I think. SuperDave's Gun Show and build my new strawberry bed on Friday, Stephen Cue's SDA class on Saturday ... This year is gonna be the year I put out some perennial stuff -- strawberries, fig trees, a couple, three apple trees, some asparagus and a few artichokes. I won't get any produce from it, but in a couple, three years I'll have more than I know what to do with (if things go as planned, that is ...)

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 3.5 year old is definitely a hand full and a little ball of energy. He makes the energizer bunny look slow!!!! I really wish I could freeze him at this age or at least slow him down a bit. He's at a really fun, sweet age!!! I can only imagine how crazy it's going to be once the new one gets bigger.

I grew up with 2 brothers so I know it gets pretty crazy some times!!

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Backordered more stuff that I may never see...

Read some more stuff on the internets...

Got a book on bees and may put my beehive I got fro Christmas together tonight...

What did you do?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cleaned house. Have you ever tried to find something when you are in a hurry and it wasn't where it "belonged"?? Yeah ... I'm getting a head start on the spring cleaning because in the spring I expect to be outside in the garden and messing with the chickens and rabbits ... and the worms ... and the compost ...

I keep saying I want to do a beehive or two but quite frankly I'm scared of them. If I can manage to get in all the perennial edibles I want to this spring I might try a topbar beehive next spring ...

Bratley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I boiled my new traps last night and have them hanging out back in the rain to rust. I hope I can find some dry wood to build a fire to dye and wax them, they are already rusting nicely. I really would like to get them out this weekend.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
why do you need them to rust? I don't know anything about trapping

I boiled my new traps last night and have them hanging out back in the rain to rust. I hope I can find some dry wood to build a fire to dye and wax them, they are already rusting nicely. I really would like to get them out this weekend.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We used to boil, way, dye and rust our traps. Old timers traditions mostly. Kill the scent, prevent them from rusting, lubricate them(wax), camoflage them(new traps are shiney).

I think its mostly ol superstitions. Except for coyotes n bobcats, most furbearers are way easy to trap. Its about your technique at the set. Coons, possums, skunks, beaver, muskrat are kinda dumb curious, hungry creatures.

Coyotes n bobcats its about scent control and making a good set. With that said, ive had better luck with using snares on coyotes and using big livetraps for bobcats.

gallk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a couple of 7 gallon water storage jugs from Academy, picked up some ammo at Walmart, picked up some powder at H&H, ordered some lead from Billy Bullets (weeks worth, not in one day)

Latest posts

Top Bottom