What do you mean I CAN'T QUIT??!?!?!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get what you're saying and realize there are many these days who would do exactly that and do it anyway even if they aren't resigning, but it isn't in my nature. If I'm going to do something I always do it to the best of my ability.
I have seen many that doing half-assed would be an improvement.

Had a co-worker that signed up for direct deposit, when it first became available. He made a comment that the company could not terminate without notice and had to pay until notified. He disappeared, traveling the US for 6 months. A manager happened to be on vacation and stumbled upon him. Told him he was fired and called it in.
They changed policy to 48 hrs no call no show, no job.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get what you're saying and realize there are many these days who would do exactly that and do it anyway even if they aren't resigning, but it isn't in my nature. If I'm going to do something I always do it to the best of my ability.
Unfortunately I tend to do the same thing, and end up getting surrounded by idiots skating by on my efforts

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The phrase is "Act your Wage" although depending the outlet the phrase gets called "quiet quitting". Reality is that if an employer wants top performance, they should give top pay and benefits. Like last year when I was given top marks all around and got a merit increase less than inflation, that's a pay cut. And my productivity oddly went down --- so weird how that works. But otherwise, this summarizes things nicely.

Cool, don't accept my resignation and keep paying me. I'll be "remote" starting tomorrow.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The phrase is "Act your Wage" although depending the outlet the phrase gets called "quiet quitting". Reality is that if an employer wants top performance, they should give top pay and benefits. Like last year when I was given top marks all around and got a merit increase less than inflation, that's a pay cut. And my productivity oddly went down --- so weird how that works. But otherwise, this summarizes things nicely.

Asked our boss, "why is a signing bonus offered for NEW EMPLOYESS, but those that have kept this place going for 10, 15, 40+ years get shiite on?"
He says, "we are trying to hire GOOD PEOPLE."
Told him, "wouldn't need to hire, if you tried to keep the good ones you already have."

We have averaged 100 new hires per month for the past 2 years. Less than 10% are still working. Most don't make 2 months.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For 10 years i had been preaching to my employer to get someone for me to train to do my job since i was the only one that knew how under their employment and 10 years they kept saying no cause i wasnt going to ever leave, they wanted me to die on the job that way they wouldnt have to pay any of my retirement, well i had finally had enough so went and talked to the higher ups and in formed them to either get someone or the first person that pissed me off i would be out the door well 3 months down the road and i got wind they was fixing to demote me and cut my pay but keep me doing the same job so i went in and throwed my uniforms on the floor handed them my keys and told them here is you 30 second notice im quitting as i turned and walked out the door, now they have to contract all the work i did out cause they have no one to do it. All of this after 30.5 years with them.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talking about not taking care of current employees. Just past 15 yrs with the company a few months ago, 34 yrs in my current occupation. I drive 2 to 2 1/2 hrs a day to and from job sites. A opening closer to home became available that would be 30 to 40 minutes driving if that. Should have been a lateral move, no problem, then hire someone to take my position. Nope, were no going to create a hole to fill a whole. But one month later they move another employee to fill a whole and hiring a new employee to take his job which has no experience in current field. That I will end up probably training. The boss isn't real happy with me after I unloaded on him. They can create a whole to fill when it suits their purpose but not to benefit a veteran employee.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This McDonald's has instituted a policy that an employee cannot quit unless they get prior approval from management. 🤔🤔🤔 I'm sorry but THIS is not how it works. This is NOT how ANY of this works ... 🤷🤷

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...n&cvid=f8eb3742eb3d4609848fde8ab916e8cc&ei=18

iu

Latest posts

Top Bottom