What do you mean I CAN'T QUIT??!?!?!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1612.jpg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a manager ask me, " your not giving me a 2 week notice?"

Told him, "when you hired me, I said I wanted to give a 2 week notice. You told the job starts at 8 am tomorrow. Do you really want me around for 2 weeks, knowing I'm not going to be here?"

I have never given or received a notice.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never understood when an employer tells someone they aren't accepting his or her resignation. The way I see it, if I've made up my mind I'm resigning, they can accept it or not, either way my butt is walking out the door and I ain't coming back.

I actually had an employer try to tell me he was gonna sue me if I didn't come back to work on Monday. Yeah ... That's not how this works ...

This same attorney told me, and I quote, "Just because we give you sick leave and vacation time does not mean you can use it." I had a kid (grade school age) in the hospital with pneumonia at the time. And 2 more younger kids at home. 😳🤷

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never understood when an employer tells someone they aren't accepting his or her resignation. The way I see it, if I've made up my mind I'm resigning, they can accept it or not, either way my butt is walking out the door and I ain't coming back.
Why quit your job when you can just do it really half-assed

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why quit your job when you can just do it really half-assed
I get what you're saying and realize there are many these days who would do exactly that and do it anyway even if they aren't resigning, but it isn't in my nature. If I'm going to do something I always do it to the best of my ability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom