What do you still eat or drink from your childhood?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbear53

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was growing up, all my friends always wanted to be there when my dad made his home made biscuits and chocolate gravy. Even in high school, every now and then some of my friends would come to the house for chocolate gravy before school. Now when my kids come back home to visit with the grandkids, everyone wants chocolate gravy for breakfast. Making memories and lovin it!!!

Also chic-o-stik and a grapette.

Where did the chocolate soldiers go?

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Candyapolis at Quail Springs Mall in OKC.

You know, when the thread started leaning towards foods/drinks that we enjoyed as kids but are no longer available now, that theme stuck with me and I assumed that's why you posted the picture of Zots.

Also chic-o-stik and a grapette.

Where did the chocolate soldiers go?

They were either bought out or were always owned by Yoo-Hoo. I've read that they share the same recipe, but like someone else here said, I always thought Chocolate Soldiers were better. Even if it is the same formula, I'd much rather drink it out of a Chocolate Soldier bottle.

I've never been much of a candy eater, but Chic-o-Sticks were the best when trick or treating.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From high school I would have to say Hot Cheeto Fries/Jalapeno Cheetos and nacho cheese!

epicurejenn.files.wordpress.com_2008_11_dscf4024.jpg

1.bp.blogspot.com__gzZ82UROFYU_SbgVHIJeYFI_AAAAAAAABkA_ToGI7c08a9d2e8d90a889e2d841a5c5042e8d34.gif

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were either bought out or were always owned by Yoo-Hoo. I've read that they share the same recipe, but like someone else here said, I always thought Chocolate Soldiers were better. Even if it is the same formula, I'd much rather drink it out of a Chocolate Soldier bottle.

Sounds like another victim of cane sugar vs corn syrup. Mountain Dew as a kid does not taste the same as it does now. Except when they did the Throwback Mountain Dew with cane sugar a few years back ...

warmep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like another victim of cane sugar vs corn syrup. Mountain Dew as a kid does not taste the same as it does now. Except when they did the Throwback Mountain Dew with cane sugar a few years back ...

They added Throwback Mountain Dew and Pepsi to their permanent product line

What I miss is a nice cold Dublin Dr Pepper in a glass bottle... RIP

Latest posts

Top Bottom