What does 'open it back up' mean to you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Heck, we can all be a$$s. But at least you were honest enough to answer my question with a no that you wouldn't of had that same opinion when this damn crap started and I can appreciate your stance now. All I know is I'm trying my best to do what was asked. In the end that's all anyone with half a conscience or a lick a sense should be doing right now.
Agree completely.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Open it back up" should mean business owners OPEN BACK UP, and ignore the hand-wringing alarmists that would keep them closed. Anyone that tries to stop them should go missing.

We have shown what we are, and it is sad. Ready to have some politician kill our economy, then ASK permission to start making a living again. Absolutely shameful the way people behave like sheep.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not going to happen anytime soon, oil is overpriced with Saudi's sitting on Trillions of barrels of oil.

Saudi total proven reserves are about 266 Billion barrels. Venezuela has 300 Billion and you don't see them wrecking our economy.

Don't blink. Oil will be above $50 faster than anyone thinks.

Mr. Trump just told the US Navy to fire on any Iranian gunboats harassing them. Not likely but if anyone blocks the Strait or Hormuz 20% of the world supply could instantly stop and the sky could be the limit.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking about the original question. I figure things will be back to normal when I'm run ragged from a normal work day and running three kiddos around to band, cheer, music lessons etc. I miss that. I'm not very good at relaxing anyway.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking about the original question. I figure things will be back to normal when I'm run ragged from a normal work day and running three kiddos around to band, cheer, music lessons etc. I miss that. I'm not very good at relaxing anyway.

i think schools will be an interesting situation to navigate. I have a hard time seeing states reverse course on this school year at this point. But with camps cancelling, summer childcare is going to be an issue for a lot of people if they aren’t working from home anymore.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know bout any of yall but I want a professional hair cut and straight blade shave. I cant wait to say the words, high n tight please and follow it an hour later by hearing "can I start you off with some drinks and appetizers".
Working from home is going to be the new norm for many and not only because of the virus but also, if you have proven to be able to get the work done without getting dressed up and fighting the traffic to go in the office, its saving money for many and will be a new norm for some. For me, i absolutely believe it will be...already being discussed by the director and I'm perfectly fine with it. I like it.
Where are those numbers on the flu since sept.?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love to hear what people think when they hear (or say) 'open it back up' in regards to the economy right now.

What needs to be allowed that isn't, to you.

First let me say that I'm thoroughly enjoying the opportunity to work 100% from home right now. I am able to get everything done that needs to get done without wasting my time driving back and forth to the office. I only wish more people in my building could do it.

Any businesses currently closed should be able to open back up . . . if the business or community is concerned with following some set of magic guidelines in order to do so then they should follow them if they wish.

If a business determines that continuing telework is an option and that's something they want to do then they should do so. I think many businesses will do just that for quite a while.

Holding large outdoor sporting events should also move forward . . . . as long as the athletes involved are kept as safe from infection as possible. Of course I don't really care one way or the other since attending said sporting events lost it's luster to me many years ago.

All of those people whining about folks not wearing a mask or not staying home or being selfish because they're bored from staying home, etc. drive me crazy. I have to bite my tongue on many occasion. Especially those who feel like they need to insult everyone who disagrees with them. What I've learned is that apparently a lot of folks in the US are absolutely some filthy people and/or live in filthy conditions conducive to the rapid spread of diseases (all sorts of diseases).

I have no interest in being tested for the virus or antibodies. I have no interest right now (that could change) in being required to get yet another vaccination (I have to get the flu shot every year).

So . . . to me, "open it back" up means looking at the risks of "staying closed" vs those of the various diseases floating around our country and allowing folks to do what's best for them and their communities. And as insensitive as it sounds I don't think we'll be better off in the long run staying closed longer just to appease some folks who are at higher risk than others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom