What has caused all the earthquakes lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHat has caused all the quakes?

• Too many OSA members eating beans.

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • We suck all the oil out of the ground and now it's empty down there.

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • God's wrath is starting in the center of the US.

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • The Lib's want all us gun totin hellyuns to fall in a big sink hole.

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • JB is getting things in place for the new world order.

Votes: 42 35.6%

• Total voters

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i dunno what it is. but it make me feel weird... ... .. i mean, i always knew i could not trust anything, but now i gotta question the ground under me feet in oklahoma? really?

i mean, we put up with tornados and other various crappy weather at least 9 out of the 12 months. and now we gotta deal with this crap too? i mean, i had no real intentions of staying put in oklahoma all my life, simply is not where the hospitals i want to work are are, but if these things get real serious, im out. i mean, i know it was just a shake for less than a minute up here in b/a, but i mean... am i the only person that feels weird about this crap?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...but if these things get real serious, im out. i mean, i know it was just a shake for less than a minute up here in b/a, but i mean... am i the only person that feels weird about this crap?

Where you going to go? Every region has some kind of natural disaster that'll get you....

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB Books said:
I'm on a retirement plan outta here too.

I don't think we can classify our camps as a retirement plan. After, we re-educate the rubes errr adjusted the mind of these wrong thinking citizens. Then we go into retirement mode.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I anybody truly believes that drilling 6" to 9" hole in the ground to around 5000' depth and pumping a little water into it can cause an earthquake that can be felt from Kansas to Texas, I want some of what you are smoking!

Veggie's exactly right. There are far more wells in the western half of Oklahoma than the eastern half. And I won't even mention the Texas panhandle...

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The kickoffs are also significantly shallower than the quakes. Also, the density of fracked wells is higher in my area (as far as I know), which is also more earthquake prone according to USGS.

You would likely see significant changes in production (positive or negative) by the wells in the area if the quakes were related to fracking.

People say "zomg new faults have been recently discovered" as if it means they didn't already exist and that they are man-made.

The Meers fault has been relatively quiet the last few decades.

If you follow the reports of people feeling the quake, you'll notice that they trend along a line from Meers to New Madrid. It's more likely that you'll feel a quake along a fault system than away from the fault system.

Oh man.....is this another serious thread??

Whew,I guess not....that was close!! :rollingla

Latest posts

Top Bottom