What is the best overall AR rifle with the lowest $ common denominator?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how do you get the orange tips off of them?

Wal-Mart, rattle can paint, $0.99. :)

Love how everyone likes to nitpick on the wording.

Anyone consider quotes were used around assault rifle because he couldnt think of a better term. I dont consider AKs black rifles, so he couldnt really use that.

To be tacticool you need to load up on every Tapco/Command Arms item, so a bare stock AK isnt exaclty tacticool.

Maybe calling them Semi Auto rifles with military equivalents? Would that have kept some of you on track?

Noober, AK/surplus ammo.

Fixed it for ya! :)

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just messing around in this thread and pretty much knew what the OP was asking. I don't know much of anything about anything and clearly can't be trusted.

That being said., it sounds to me like the OP needs a good shotgun for home and family protection. Cheap firepower for keeping the porch clean!

Noober1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm just messing around in this thread and pretty much knew what the OP was asking. I don't know much of anything about anything and clearly can't be trusted.

That being said., it sounds to me like the OP needs a good shotgun for home and family protection. Cheap firepower for keeping the porch clean!

already have one but its too close for zombies.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assault Rifle = the cheapest way to take care of my family through force if need be. not there would ever be a nee:bolt:

A good used pump action shotgun is the first that jumps to mind to fit this need. Cheap, versatile, dependable, and capable of meeting many self defense and survival needs.

Any decent SKS, AK-variant, AR, M1 Carbine, M1 Garand, M1A, or lever-action rifle would also fill this niche.

The SKS or AK is probably the most readily available at the lowest price and relatively inexpensive ammo is abundant.