What is Your Occupation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No particular reason, I'm just curious abut the wide range of occupations of our membership. I'll start, even though I am now totally retired. Retired from the USMC with the rank of Major in 1993, then went into Higher Ed, retiring from that a few years ago as the VP of Student Services at a small Community College. I enjoyed both, but I sure am enjoying being retired even more!

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Architectural Draftsman. Started straight out of HS in 1995, been doing it since. 4 years ago I started my own company, now I draw all kinds of stuff for a variety of local architects and custom home builders.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Senior new dental equipment installer and service technician for THE University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry.... retired ( my favorite job and title now is Poppa )

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Architectural Draftsman. Started straight out of HS in 1995, been doing it since. 4 years ago I started my own company, now I draw all kinds of stuff for a variety of local architects and custom home builders.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hey, I know just what that's like. I, too, am an architectural drafter. Been doing it since 96. For the last 5 years I have been running my own company as a contact drafter. Luckily about 95% of my work comes from my former employer, so I haven't had to find work too often. Unfortunately about 95% of my work comes from my former employer, so if they slow down, so do I.

I'd like to get work from local firms but haven't been too successful in that front yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom