What made you decide to get your CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alright I was just reading a thread in the CCW section and it got me thinking about my CCW.

I am curious to know why (if there is any specific reason) all you guys got your concealed carry license?

I know my story was basically just being 23 at the time and living in the HOOD and not wanting to be the next victim on the news.

Anyone have a really cool, or awesome story?

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After spending several years on the fringe of handgunner's society (reserve, sport shooting, hunting and fishing) I finally had "it" happen to me.

A large drunken man followed me up my long rural driveway one afternoon. He seemed to have some issue with my driving. There I was... flat footed, locked out of the house... blocked in my driveway... being verbally assaulted by a very large pissed individual who was offering to rip off my head just to see what may be down my neck.

Of course... I whip out the cell phone... and find no service available. Bluffing... he was convinced I'd called the SO... and he left.

About an hour later... the guy is at the end of my drive... screaming at me while I was feeding horses. At that point I did get ahold of the SO... and was informed that the nearest Deputy was at least a hour away (working a wreck at the north end of our county).

I had been know to carry a handgun from time to time (outside the law)... but after that little episode... I decided to get legal..... get some current training and stay armed everyplace I "legally" can.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honest reason why I got my CCL was honestly because my dad wouldn't let me own a handgun. My dad always hunted and allowed me shoot with him, but as a teen I grew up kinda ****** and had a temper. I told him I wanted to purchase my own handgun and he advised against it. After I turned 21 I bought my first handgun and applied for my CCL in Washington State.:)

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After spending several years on the fringe of handgunner's society (reserve, sport shooting, hunting and fishing) I finally had "it" happen to me.

A large drunken man followed me up my long rural driveway one afternoon. He seemed to have some issue with my driving. There I was... flat footed, locked out of the house... blocked in my driveway... being verbally assaulted by a very large pissed individual who was offering to rip off my head just to see what may be down my neck.

Of course... I whip out the cell phone... and find no service available. Bluffing... he was convinced I'd called the SO... and he left.

About an hour later... the guy is at the end of my drive... screaming at me while I was feeding horses. At that point I did get ahold of the SO... and was informed that the nearest Deputy was at least a hour away (working a wreck at the north end of our county).

I had been know to carry a handgun from time to time (outside the law)... but after that little episode... I decided to get legal..... get some current training and stay armed everyplace I "legally" can.

AWESOME!!!! Jeff for the WIN! :yelclap:

This is the reason we should all trust in OURSELVES for protection. I love our fellow law enforcement, but it is a proven fact that "when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away"

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honest reason why I got my CCL was honestly because my dad wouldn't let me own a handgun. My dad always hunted and allowed me shoot with him, but as a teen I grew up kinda ****** and had a temper. I told him I wanted to purchase my own handgun and he advised against it. After I turned 21 I bought my first handgun and applied for my CCL in Washington State.:)

yeah EF I kind of always thought of you as a gangbanger!

JUST KIDDING!

Big Bully........

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like many citizens, I've carried handcuffs for years, but the extra weight made me lean to my left.

The gun on the other side balances it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom