What was your first employment (real job) ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first serious full time job was working at Sears.
Helped out around the warehouse, delivered and picked up appliances from customers.
Long time ago.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to work on another man's farm when I was 9. By the time I was 12 I was on his checking account and basically did everything on the farm for him including hiring, paying and firing part time hands. Did all the planting and harvestingof most of the crops but he did help with peanut digging. At 14 left the farm and went to work full time as a marine mechanic in a boat shop.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Washing dishes at vans pigstands. I did it for punishment when I was younger. But when I was 15 I went on the payroll by choice cause I wanted money. $3.15/hr if I recall. Did it for about 7 months until we moved out of state.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granddad was a carpenter / remodeler. I was roofing, painting, whatever from 8 - 16yo.
First full time, out of school job. Sold paint, carpet, tile, and wallpaper at Benjamin Moore.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granddad was a carpenter / remodeler. I was roofing, painting, whatever from 8 - 16yo.
First full time, out of school job. Sold paint, carpet, tile, and wallpaper at Benjamin Moore.

Hey that sounds just like me except in my case it was my dad I worked with.
Lots of framing, roofing, and concrete work.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everything was part-time or summer-only until entering the US Army after being commissioned out of ROTC at age 22. The series of part-time and summer gigs was varied: delivering papers, restaurants in different roles, farm work, driving a gravel truck, ROTC leadership camp, radio news/sports.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After Graduating high school, June '68, I had a a summer job as an asst water master at a large Boy Scout Camp back in NY State; then factory employee making Huey door and floor panels Aug - Oct, then enlisted in the Air Force in late October '68. Best job I ever had was in the USAF as an Air Traffic Controller; I'd a done that job for free!

Latest posts

Top Bottom