What was your first employment (real job) ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a kid Farm/Ranch first then whatever I could make on the side.

My first real job was a truck driver for Coca-Cola. I hated that place. Didn't mind the work, just who I worked for.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first adult, real, 40 + hour a week job was as a light mechanic/lot porter at Bob's Auto Mart. It was a used car lot on the north side of 39th, just west of Meridian. I worked six days a week, nine to ten hours a day, for $5 per hour. I thought I was in the big time. It used to be a little old Texaco, two bay gas station. I was 18.

Bobby Reed, the owner, died a few years back while driving drunk. No other vehicles were involved. Sad.

His folks used to own the Pizza Planet chain, that later became Crockett's Smoke House. I liked them a lot.

Before that, I worked for Jim Murray as a tunnel rat, digging out under old houses to put in central heat and air, and cutting metal stock in his machine shop. He was a train junkie, and had a lot to do with the train museum that we have in town now. Spent most moments there working on trains when he retired. They were part time gigs. He was a great guy. Worked Shawn and I like dogs.

My first EVER job was a bus boy/dish washer at My Pi Pizza. I was 15, and made $3.35. Best pizza EVER!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom