What was your first employment (real job) ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked at Eddy's Steakhouse in the summer and weekend as a first ever job.

My first real job was forced on me when my dad died when I was a 22 year old college student. He had just opened a Kwik Kar Lube and Tune and I took the business over after he died.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh wait. We count working for daddy? lol GTFO osa

Why not? My dad owned/operated a shop in BA for 30 years. My brother and I both worked there when we were 13/14ish during the summer. 40+ hours a week Monday-Friday for $25 a week. Damn slave labor!!!
Then my first "real job" was at Tulsa Farm Equipment during the summers while in HS. Tractor/Mower/Gator mechanic and assembler. $7 an hour and thought I was living the high life.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was 13 or 14 and shingled a roof in Del City for a realtor one summer. Then my last 2 years of high school, worked at a DX gas station and later became an asst manager a few years later. Went to college and worked for a pump company.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My first job was cleaning tables at Crystals Pizza. Sucked.

My first real job as an adult-ish person was waiting tables at a Chillis.

Job I enjoyed the most and had most fun at was building log homes. Learned a LOT of great skills doing that.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had various jobs growing up - paper boy, worked in a hobby shop, once I turned 16 I worked the parts counter in a couple of long gone auto parts stores in Tulsa. Did a little shoveling for a landscape comany. Started at the glass plant when I was 20 - worked in the batch and furnace area for about 14 years. I've been out of that plant for almost 15 years now, but I'll always identify with the "batch guys". Hot, hot, hot job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom