What would you go with???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Kahr CM9 gets my vote. I've only had mine for a couple of weeks and only one range trip (250 rounds of assorted ammo), but it is the right size and shoots great. Not a refined as the PM9 but a solid little gun for less than $450.

RIP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of the three, only the Kahr and Sig are real pocket guns. The Kimber is probably the nicest/premium choice but pretty heavy if you are strictly looking for summer (shorts & T-shirt) carry. Personally I've shot all three brands in various configurations and I would take the Sig or Kimber over the Kahr every time. I've had several failures with Kahr's that were "broken in" and the DA trigger pull is very long and reset takes forever. Don't get me wrong, they (Kahr's) are very nice guns and you have a myriad of caliber options but the Sig 238 gets my vote...and I carry mine all the time. I know that most would complain that .380 isn't enough stopping power to defend yourself, but if your 9mm or .40 doesn't "go bang" when you pull the trigger, and you can't hit what your aiming at, then caliber isn't a relevant argument.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a Kahr. I have a P380 and a K9. Both are tight, well made, well shooting guns. P380 fits in you hand and is ultralight. K9 is small...but of the old "Heavy Metal" Kahr style (which I like).

Never had either FTF....

Only problem with Kahrs are that they are all DAO. Take getting used to.

rudyod

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a DOA initially for my CCW (S&W Bodyguard) but traded it in for the Sig P238 because I liked the SAO setup better. As stated earlier...long trigger pull. I'm not knocking the the Kahrs, they're great guns, I just prefer the SOA setup. And i've been very happy with my sig. I got the HD model which is heavy but, again, just my preference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom